Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Westland Bug Attack Defence
Hi, I'm quite new to edible gardening and this year I have grown from seed some Californian Wonder Pepper plants and a Scotch Bonnet plant. I noticed recently though, that they have a lot of black...
8
8

Need Plant ID
Unknown Plant folder. http://tinypic.com/1r509n5u
13
13

Victoria plum tree
i have problem with my plum tree ,there is what looks like a silicon gel type substance oozing from the plums has anybody got any idea what it is and is it harmfull
8
8

Over night temp of 56F
Yee ha. Finally over 55F. Maybe the tomatoes will get busy now.
2
2

I think my corn might be better off than I thought it was
About a month ago I posted a message about the corn in my front yard. At that time, the corn plants--many of which were just a few feet tall--were tasseling, and I worried that all the pollen would be...
4
4

Garden Fences
Ok, I have rabbits, groundhogs, and deer. Please describe the fence I need around my garden.
18
18

Compost Heap. Horse Manure. Pathogens.
I have a couple of large compost bins on my allotment which I regularly fill with compostable materials from home, but this only accounts for a few percent. For the most part, I go to the local riding...
73
73

The Blob is on my Plum Tree
This is a link to some pictures of "The Blob" (dark brown stuff wrapped around the branches, about a hundred of them, three or four inches long) which has attached itself all over my Italian Prune...
2
2

Mutant radish?
I have had a bunch of radishes going wild this year that re-seeded from last year. All of them looked the same, with the bulbous root and the lanky stem, the typical leaves, and the white flowers....
3
3

propping up plants
I've had my fair share of broken branches on the tomato, pepper and squash. Not knowing what I'm doing, I've been taping a splint (usually a small bit of branch) with masking tape after straightening...
8
8

Leaves turning yellow
The leaves on my tomato plants are turning yellow, I also see it happening on one of my corn plants. Are the plants being confuse by the cold wet weather? Do they think it's fall?
1
1

ants?
We have quite a lot of ants in our garden. I've always thought of them as benign, and just ignored them. But, earlier this year, a basil was mysteriously cut off, right at ground level. Now, I see a...
3
3

Integrated Pest Management
bugs They're not all pests; having a vibrant insect community is key to a healthy garden Nature is filled with ³good bugs,² crawling and flying creatures that eat garden pests. The good bugs ? a...
1
1

Small front garden - what to plant?
Hi, I have a terrace house with a small front garden approx 1m x 4m. There is a small wall at the front just under 1m high. I have a problem with cats so I want to grow perennial plants, and plants...
2
2

Yellow leaves on plum tree
Hi all. I have a 4 year old vic plum planted last year. some of the older leaves are turning yellow. Would I be right in thinking this is due to lack of nitrogen? The tree is planted with grass right...
13
13