Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

shot gun weeding
About a year ago there was a link to a video (British TV?) showing using a shot gun as a quick and efficient weeding tool. Does anyone remember what it was called or have a link to it? Thanks
15
15

Question
Hey Everyone, I have been seeing someone by the name of Smile Champ posting messages about his new Mr. Sifter. Has any one tried it or checked it out? I just wanted an opinion of what everyone else...
1
1

Worm farms - collecting/harvesting worms?
I=92ve got a worm farm at home that looks sorta like this: the moment, I=92m strictly in the collecting/harvesting phase, not the actual farming phase. I get one of the upper containers that has lots...
63
63

Organic, and Tastier
Organic, and Tastier . . Plants sense and respond to any kind of attack by means of chemical signals. Cells in the attacked area first detect telltale molecules from the invader. Then they respond by...
7
7

Greenhouse prep
I hopefully am going to put a greenhouse where my current garden .. errrrrrr......... patch of weeds is now. What would be the best procedure to till this up, kill and pull all the things growing...
11
11

Another tomato plant problem - pics
Hi, Sorry, I'm sure you get this all the time, but recently some of my tomato plants have developed a black and yellow leaves with black patches on the stalks. There are several varieties mixed in...
10
10

Introduction of benzalkonium chloride
'benzalkonium chloride' () is readily soluble in ethanol and acetone. Although dissolution in water is slow, aqueous solutions are easier to handle and are preferred. Solutions should be neutral to...
16
16

Open Req for Bean Varieties
For many years our (DW&I) favorite round green bean has been the "Delinel" variety. It is a thrifty, early and prolific, dark-seeded, richly-flavored, tender French filet bean that freezes well. Since...
2
2

A Newcomer's Whine/Whinge
Yo, Brits: Did I spell "whinge" correctly? At any rate, at least temporarily, could we append our approximate geographic locations or USDA climate zones to posts so that those who consider such can...
7
7

Aminopyralid hits the USA
'll need to fix the URL or use U.S. gardeners, organic farmers and commercial growers are reporting damaged or lost tomato crops from Milestone herbicide contamination. U.S. gardeners, organic farmers...
6
6

Pollan Good Read On Cooking
Eight pages but insightful. Bill
7
7

Tomato disaster
My plants are all dying, apparently I'm not alone the whole New England crop is being wiped out by Irish potato famine fungus. Disease that spawned Ireland’s potato famine hits New England - The...
3
3

Tomato Harvest
Starting to enjoy natures bounty... :-) I've been pulling yellow cherry tomatoes off all week. Very tasty though he skin is a bit tough. I took a medium sized yellow heirloom (been ripening in a paper...
15
15

Contaminated Manure/compost
I apologise if this has already been posted elsewhere, You will be aware of the problems gardeners experienced last year re: use of manure that had been contaminated with aminopyralid - a particularly...
1
1

Is there an easy way to spot tomato worms?
I just found two of my tomato plants nibbled down quite a bit. I suspect tomato worms. We had these two years ago, but didn't seem to have a problem last year. Trouble is, our vines are up to nine...
4
4