Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rabbit Manure
Rabbit manure info below. Don't read if you are about to eat dinner...consider yourself warned! I have been raising rabbits for over 15 years and have a herd around 75 in the winter and up to 250 in...
1
1

Late blight resistant tomatoes
Are there any varieties of tomatoes that are late blight resistant besides Legend? I've been hunting around the net and there seems to be some promises of new varieties this year but I haven't found a...
20
20

Greenhouses
I'm thinking about getting a greenhouse this year to extend my season (I live in Massachusetts). Last fall someone on this group suggested I try a popup greenhouse because they are very cheap (under...
13
13

The second coming is here!
Having survived the hot summer when they go dormant my globe artichokes are re-growing now the weather is cooling. And guess what.... I am going to have autumn flowers as well as the usual spring...
12
12

front lawn gardening
In about 10 days, we are moving in to our new house. The neighborhood is a subdivision that has farm fields about a tenth of a mile away. I don't see any sign of decent sized gardens out here, any...
18
18

Is it ok here now the tempers have faded
Soon be spring in UK OK? Marq
1
1

Cheap and Alternative Garden Gizmos ( And Off Label Stuff?)
1. A food processor was mentioned....should work well. I use a blender for reducing kitchen waste to liquid form. Also use the blender to chop charcoal to tiny pieces and powder. 2. A "remote"...
2
2

?? "Off-label Appliance Use in Your Garden?
I use a thrift-store blade type coffee grinder to reduce alfalfa pellets to meal. When I find one comparably priced, I'll probably adopt a human-powered coffee or grain mill for the task. In the...
7
7

I Bet You're jalouse of my olive oil!
I think I'm very lucky to live in a typical tuscan hill, In autumn I get to produce my own olive oil, But I've just found out that Bruschetta (Toast with garlic and olive oil) Isn't the only beauty of...
16
16

Raised Veg Beds Questions
Hi All I'm new to vegetable growing but are keen to get my children interested so we have decided to install some raised beds in our garden. We will have two beds and each bed will be 2.4m x 1.2m and...
6
6

I am running late
I have done nothing about my garden this year. By now I usually have seeds started at least. I try to blame it on the weather, I can't get to the greenhouse. Maybe if I cleared the path. Besides, my...
5
5

A Quick Questionnaire on vegetable gardening.
Hi Folks, I am multimedia student and I been given an assignment which involves creating a product that can benefit new & experienced gardeners. Please help me out by taken 1 minute to fill out this...
7
7

Who Would Be an Opposite of a monsanto Shill or Apologist?
Joel Salatin. Some of ya are familiar with this man and his work. His attitude towards farming also works small scale, as in gardening. should at least be asking, Is there a righteous way to farm and...
2
2

good fruit/vegetable choices for 3-4 year stay?
We are buying a house, and it is likely we will be at the place for around 3 or 4 years before moving. As such, I've been trying to figure out what plants to focus on. Obviously, we shouldn't really...
7
7

My Compost Smells
Hey folks, A few months ago a friend of mine who lives near me, pointed out a good solution to avoid spendig money on fertilizers, which is piling garden trash, but the thing is how long will it take...
28
28