Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Okra
Glad I didn't get far enough with my gardening Memorial day weekend to get the okra sown because it's turned cool and wet again. So I need to wait for the soil to warm back up. I've grown okra up here...
7
7

C&E News editorial on report by President's Cancer Panel
I got flak for criticizing this report. Here's what C&E News Rudy Baum has to say. Those that follow him will generally find him an administration supporter, but not this time: When the American...
6
6

Cucubits and cross pollination - help
I'm a novice veg grower - this is only my 2nd year and I have a question about cucubits. Last year I bought all female cucumbers so the question didn't come up. But this year I have male/female...
9
9

Should I let my artichoke flower?
I live in southern Utah, zone 7-8. I planted some globe artichoke plants two years ago, and cut them down last year to make room for something else when I saw that the artichokes didn't seem to be...
3
3

sap on tips of peach tree branches
I bought a Hale Haven peach tree at Lowe's about 9 weeks ago, and planted it with half a bag of composted cow manure under the roots. I also mixed in some of that dehydrated plastic to help it get...
6
6

Major garden decision today
I got back from nearly a month away to find a weed infested garden, and some plants that wifey and MIL had bought, but not planted correctly. So, good guy that I am, decide to plant said articles. I...
3
3

edible berry on tree
Hi, I saw a tree in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia with purplish red berries on it. The berries themselves looked quite a bit like blue berries (except for the colour). This was however a 25+ft...
4
4

cucumber flowers
I have not ever planted cucumbers before so I'm not sure what to do. I have a small cucumber plant ( covered by a soda bottle ) and it has a flower, it only has 4 leaves. Do I need to pinch off the...
10
10

asparagus - leave or replant?
I grew purple asparagus from seed 2 years ago, thought they had died but in spring suddenly found it was still alive in pots. Should have checked then what to do but just popped them into a raised bed...
3
3

Toward food sovereignty: Reclaiming autonomous food systems [pdf]
Looks alike a long worthwhile read. ........................................... Use the above link as below was broken now fixed by me. ........................ From The Scout Report, Copyright...
9
9

Sobering aka weeds
Got to eat more Lambs Quarters and Chick Weed and the list goes on.

How to fix contaminated soil?
My wife and I are absolutely not knowledgeable gardeners; our back yard is planted with perennials and shrubs selected mainly for appearance, hardiness and whim (I got three gas plants, based solely...
17
17

Black irregular dry spots on my courgette leaves.
Hello forum. This is my frist post and first attempt at growing anything. Myself and my girlfriend have decided to grow some indoor veg and herbs. We went for a bunch herbs, like flat leaf parsley,...
2
2

pine mycelium benefits
Not living in a pine forest we always added what pine needles we could muster. Recently ( the last 10 years that has increased a lot ). I sort of have belief that a mix of life is better than a narrow...
6
6

ant Lions, eastern Tiger(s) swallowtail and Slugs
Seems the modus operation is recognize damage find the culprits and dispatch them. Lets assume for a moment all this critters have a purpose. Some like weak plants and some like decaying mater. So in...
1
1