Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

tomato plant problem
Hi, I hope someone here might be able to help me with a problem I have with my tomato plants. I currently have 15 plants which I started off in early February. I have been growing these in a...
4
4

i think ive killed it
ive just planted an aple tree ,it came in a pot ,it now appears to be wilting ,i think i may have staked its tap root ,will it recover

Lettuce is in.
I have lettuce in for a week, And some celery. Its totally drenched here. But they are perked up a little. A couple of onions too are in. I'm feeling confident. But that is it . Its too cold and too...

Strawberries in Hanging Baskets - Which Plant?
Hi all I have some spare hanging baskets and wanted to grow some strawberries in them, can anyone advise the best plants. I was going to put the baskets in a conservatory. Also, am i too late this...
2
2

Total noob
Hi I'm totally new to gardening and have just bought a small green house I want to grow salad items I.e cucumber tomatoes spring onion beetroot strawberries and herbs can I grow them in grow bags and...
1
1

Thank god for forums!! Help!!
Can anyone please tell me what these 2 plants are??? I went from what i thought was planting Pepper seeds, for them to end up growing into Japanese Lettuce and these 2 other bizzare plants?? 1st timer...
16
16

Growing beetroot
Has anybody ever grown beetroot in a window box? If so, was it successful?

Compost
Hello, Growing Onions in pots will be fine, Make sure they are spaced apart some distant 25-30cm to allow for growing room. Feed regularly during the summer (once a month with liquid feed I use on...
2
2

Good canning tomato??
I am really late getting my garden in this year and finally have the ground prepared. Whatever tomatoes I planted last year just didn't do well for canning purposes. I'm not starting from seeds and...
32
32

Plum pruning...
Our garden contains several very productive plum trees that have not been well managed over the years and have become very top-heavy. The fruit is delicious, but unfortunately most of it is too high...

Why do my peppers look like this?
Just over a month ago i planted some peppers from seed. I started them inside on the window cill and when they were approx 4" tall i transplanted them outside. They took well and have grown a lot...
7
7

Assistance Locating Onion Seeds
Last year, I found an online source for "Red Creole" onions. Unfortunately, certain of its business practices I find a little off-putting. Although, I'll save seeds, there's the "meantime" before...
4
4

My sunburst cherry tree needs help.
hello ,I brought a mini patio orchard of 4 fruit trees. leaves started to come out for the first time and where ok but now i have just noticed the leaves on the sunburst cherry tree are now going...

A Small Celebration
The "cannibalistic" nematodes (Steinernema feltiae) with which I inoculated the garden in November seem to be doing their duty: The wintertime collards that I pulled yesterday to make room for more...

mulch bin question
Hi, I built a cage mulch bin and its full. But I may of put it in the wrong spot. I set it up last winter at the edge of my garden . And put leaves in it . I keep adding to it and filled it about 4...
2
2