Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Geranium cuttings
I could not advise you to eat them, although i'll tell you i'd probably eat them unless they're growing near spilt oil or chemicals, a septic tank, stagnant water, some animal/s corpse/s or fresh...
17
17

Stupid weather
It's gone from fairly nice temps if rainy here to near 100° temps . I was just out sprinklin' the garden and noticed at least one of my lettuce plants has started to bolt . Dammit , didn't really get...
6
6

Ripe Tomatoes, the Answer, Just for Fun
It was 7 days before they were bright red and delicious. The Roma's turned first. MJ
1
1

potato planters - when to harvest?
ive tried growing potatoes in a planter for the first time and im under the impression i harvest once the plants flower. however, im getting abit of a jungle thats struggling to stand up in the...
5
5

Slugs
Does anyone have any good ways to deter slugs? Preferably without using slug pellets.... My strawberries are looking really good and healthy but I have noticed quite a few leaves are being eaten and...
31
31

Winter squash or pumpkin?
In another thread a ref was given: Wiki also says "In Australian English, the name 'pumpkin' generally refers to the broader category called winter squash in North America." I had heard that before...
19
19

Pumpkins in the USA
Wikipedia says pumpkins are a warm season crop and in the US most grow in Illinois and are planted in July. obviously the US is a big place and has different climates in the north and south but in my...
16
16

Dwarf Tomato Issues
Hi. First of all I need to let you know that I know nothing about gardening/growing. I'm giving it a go though :) I live in an apartment with 2 South facing windows so all my growing is indoors on a...
2
2

Predatory flatworms.
Good pictures .
5
5

Question about fertilizers.
How do you know this? which is released as the proteins in the organic material How do you know there are no salts in lucerne meal? Did you actually measure the pH? Why is this pH effect not seen when...
21
21

Ripe Tomatoes
How long does it take tomatoes to ripen once they have stopped growing in size?
6
6

Can rootstock be grown when scion fails?
I live in southern Utah, zone 7-8. Last spring I bought four dwarf citrus trees in pots. I left them out in a frost before bringing them inside, and three of the four ended up dying. Before I knew...
12
12

Scape?
This is my first time growing hardneck garlic. I planted 3 different varieties last October and now one variety is 30 inches tall. The scapes are forming and some have made a complete twist. When...
2
2

GM food toxins found in the blood of 93% of unborn babies
GM food toxins found in the blood of 93% of unborn babies The toxins have nothing to do with the food being GM. They are pesticides added to GM food that was used as livestock feed according to this...

tomato plant problem
Hi, I hope someone here might be able to help me with a problem I have with my tomato plants. I currently have 15 plants which I started off in early February. I have been growing these in a...
4
4