Damp behind dry lining

I had some pipes boxed in the conservatory and the whole house wall (dot n dabbed) dry lined. Since then (6 months later) I've found out that one of the pipes was leaking and the box opened to rectify. It looks like the water has tracked behind some of the plasterboard where it's stuck to the brick work, how far I can't tell. The original builder is back to repair the problem, but seems to be leaving the boxed section open to dry out and not removing any more plasterboard from the back wall which is damp. I may also point out that it was the builder who caused the leak by damaging the pipe, not that I'm blaming anyone.

What's the considered opinion, will a few week of venting to atmosphere be enough to dry out or should any suspected damp plasterboard be removed and replaced? Is there anything else I can do or should check?

Regards Brian

Reply to
Blueyonder

If the leak has been repaired then the plasterboard should dry out by itself. I wouldn't remove anything yet.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham