Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Reflectors For Post
Ebay Item number: 250197430061 or Item number: 250197424357 well you did say u didnt mind what shape LOL or try Item number: 250199415652 BuGgY
2
2

Oil Filled Radiator
Are these OK for batroom use? My Mums bathroom is very cold at the moment (obviously). She is toying with the idea of a De Longhi radiator with a hole drilled through the wall and plugged into a...
5
5

Vax v-027 carpet washer
Has anyone managed to dismantle for cleaning the transparent pickup nozzle of the vax V-027 carpet washer? Self tappers come out Ok, but is it glued as well - don't want to use too much force! (If...
1
1

Stud, metal & AC detectors
Does anyone know of a reliable stud, metal & AC detector? I have both a Draper and a Meet MS-68 5 in 1, both of which I find inaccurate. The old Draper is the better, although the Meet cost more. I...
4
4

24hxi Glow worm boiler failing to F1
Hi, I have an 18 month old 24hxi Glow worm boiler configured with a Honeywell 3 port valve, Llandis control panel, Honeywell wall thermostat and Honeywell cylinder thermostat. The system is configured...
1
1

WorkMate Thingy Recomendations??
Hi Guys (and Ladies, Sue) I am thinking about getting a WorkMate thingy. Very casual use only, doesn't have to Black and Decker. Any Recommendations?
4
4

Looking for a 'gun' that can seal 2 thin surfaces?? Help!
Hi all, It's my first time on here, its fairly obvious from my subject header I nothing about DIY tools, so I hope some readers can help. :-) I am trying to find a tool or device that will...
1
1

B&Q Kitchen
This is a general question that might be more at home in another group - please point me in the right direction if so. We've just had a quote for a new kitchen (supply and install) from B&Q and...
2
2

Storing Mitre saw outside
We have a tiny terraced house in london and have no space to store a fairly new electric mitre saw, not even in the garden shed. Its been in our living room for a while, but it has to go outside. Was...
6
6

Downstairs Toilet
I am thinking of installing a downstairs toilet to a spare space at the back of the house. Before i get someone in, and they tell me i need all kinds of plumbing done, which i may not need, could...
1
1

Slow running Mira advance electrical shower
Please can anyone think what might be happening here. The shower used to give a powerful boost of hot water almost immediately on starting. Now what happens is that the water starts on full, then...

Ceiling Woe
Retarded Plumber Ltd has just seen to it that a large rad emptied it's guts onto the brand new and freshly emulsioned ceiling below. It's done a proper job with (large) hairline cracks where...
5
5

Slow draining sink
The fourth floor flat we recently moved into has a very slow draining sink. The sink trap and the initial plastic pipe is clear. A plumber we had doing another job pumped some air into the pipe with...
7
7

types of electrical inspection
What is the difference between a DPN3 and a PP inspection report? I need one or other for purposes of advertising my student house at the local university.

CH Problem
My CH seems to have a problem. Over the last couple of days some of the downstairs rads have taken ages (2 hrs +) to get hot, upstairs (and some downstairs) hot in 10 mins. It is not a 'bleeding...
9
9