Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FAO: Bird-Feeding Pensioner From a Few Weeks Back
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_5047.htm

Leaking cold water tank
The plastic cold water storage tank in my loft is leaking from a short hairline crack in a corner of one of the reinforcing points along the side. Not sure what type of plastic it is, but the tank...
9
9

plan to build patio....help required
I am planning to remove my existing patio ( flagged ) and replace with new flags. T what extent will i have to prepare the ground? Will i have to dig down and replace everything with mot 1 hardcore or...
3
3

Hanging a boiler.
A ferroli optimax HE31 to be more exact. 46Kgs according to the manual. The box contains a mounting kit with 2 x M8 70mm coach screws and some very cheap looking rawl plugs. The mounting bracket is a...
10
10

Garden tools
Nearly every gardener has some types of gardening tools. In fact, it is quite impossible to have a garden without the necessary garden tools. The kind of gardening equipment you use will obviously...
1
1

Cold shower help
We have a Triton T80SI and for a few weeks now the water has not been heating up unless the temp dial is turned right up but this slows the water down rendering it pretty useless. I have changed the...
3
3

Question :- Boiler + radiators efficeny ....
Question :- Boiler + radiators efficeny .... this may sound like a odd question ,but you D.I.Y'ers seem to know your stuff , basically with gas going up in price , i've decided in rooms with 2...
14
14

bubbles in paint on ceiling (using roller)
Hi, does anyone know what causes this? I didn't have this problem in my bedrooms and living room, but in my kitchen and bathroom I'm getting it terribly. I sanded, sugar soaped and primed the...
2
2

Retained basin waste
Just opened the box one of these bought yesterday: ?productId=57005&imageNo=null&ts=31462I was surprised to find that the grid is offset to one side about 2 - 3 mm, and the hole drilled through the...
3
3

Gold trowel
Hi all, I'm thinking of booking a plastering course with Gold Trowel...do any of you have any experience or comments on this company that might help me? Cheers, Jim
1
1

Fitting Topravit Loren 2 WC
Hello This WC has to have the pan and cistern assembled before being placed pretty much blind over the soil pipe opening in the floor. The floor is self adhesive vinyl planks stuck on hardboard which...

Floor Tiling
I want to tile a kitchen floor with ceramic floor tiles. Is it OK to lay them on top of the existing (sound) vinyl tiles, or is it best to get them removed, and lay the ceramic ones onto the concrete?...
5
5

Shower waste drains and regulations.
I will shortly be installing a shower cubicle in my bathroom. I cannot place the drain below floor level (because the joists run the 'wrong' way!', and so will have to use a raised...

Fitting surface fixing wash basin
Newbie so apologies if this has been covered loads of times before. Wish I had found this site long ago. I want to fit a surface mounting basin (Tilly oval one) on a 3mm thick work surface which is...
2
2

dumb question about radiator pipes
The radiators in my flat have little white plastic disks surrounding the pipes where they go into the wall. They just to hide the hole in the plasterboard and smarten things up. Do you know what these...
4
4