Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

stiff taps
I have a 4 year old bathroom sink tap with single spout and muti swiveling control lever. Its getting very stiff to operate but never drips. Is there a way of lubricating these, I know there is no...

Best Way to wire a kitchen.
I am rewiring akitchen putting sockets/outlets on two adjacent walls. First wall has three double sockets over the worksurface for small apliances. The next wall has the same but under the worksurface...
1
1

What type of lght switch
I need to replace a light switch but not sure what to ask for. It has 3 switches. 2 of the switches are straightforward on or off for kitchen. The 3rd switch is a 2-way ie it switches the lounge light...
3
3

Intermediate switch..
I am looking for an intermediate light switch...The plate is polished brass with a square upraised surface about 1/2 inch from the edges.. A contractor changed all my switch plates apart from this one...
3
3

Scott Fiore has a question hard water spots
Hi, We just moved into a new home. I don't think the previous owners ever cleaned the glass shower doors. Our shower doors seems to be etched with hard water stains. Nothing I have tried will...
2
2

Shower turns itself back on
Hi all, Lefroy Brooks shower - turns off with a lever. When it is left off, sometimes the lever moves back enough for the shower to come back on. When in the off position, the lever still feel...
3
3

New Kitchen
Hi All, SWMBO has decided that she wants a new kitchen. She's had the designer from Magnet take measurements and do a design. Magnet have designed and priced, £5.5K for the parts + £2.5K for the...
6
6

sander advice pls
i'm looking for a sander to do doors, door frames, skirtings, architraves & general carpentry & some small section of walls that have been badly plastered! any advice on what type i should go for?...
3
3

Electrical Regs - Ovens - A Question
My wife and I are having a new kitchen. She would like to have two 60cm integrated electric ovens side by side. They will be going in the same place as our existing double oven which is connected to a...
5
5

Stuck stop tap
Hi, My internal stop tap has seized up, tried penetrating oil and leaving a hair dryer blowing on it but remains stuck fast. I've got a large wrench but am scared of causing a flood that I...
5
5

Maxol majestic duo gas double oven
Hi, Does anyone know of a spares supplier for our Maxol (Burco) gas double oven ? Looks like the spark generator is playing up :-( Gio

Avoid Anton Ceramics Wisbeach Cambridgeshire
Avoid Anton Ceramics Wisbeach Cambridgeshire IF YOU WANT TILES LAID BADLY UNEVEN. IF YOU WANT SOMEONE THAT TURNS UP WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE IT IF YOU WANT KITCHEN KICK BOARDS THAT GO UP AND DOWN IF YOU...
6
6

Leaking radiator ?
I have a slow drip on my rad where the valve tail screws into the rad...I have tried ptfe tape also tried ptfe paste (Goldseal) with hemp, Boss white with hemp but the drip remains...Any ideas on a...
3
3

patio linear drain
quick question, i want to lay a new patio which joins onto our garden. i will need linear drains at the edge of the patio but should i lay all these before i lay the patio? also should the linear...

15mm hot to bath?
In a system with a condensing combi boiler with a 15mm hot water outlet and no hot water cistern where should one convert from 15mm to 22mm pipe to supply the bath taps? Would it make any difference...
1
1