Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Best Way to Clean this?
My boys have one of these in the garden It is starting to get covered in a green algae type stuff, presumably due to it being out in all weathers. What is the best way (and product) to clean it with?...
8
8

How much should it cost?
I wouldn't bother there is nothing to beat a nice atmospheric system ........even combie boilers are crap ....and those unvented HW bombs ...no thanks .......
2
2

Help in finding Tricolour LEDs with Integrated Effect Controller
Hi, Im looking for some Tricolour LEDs with Integrated Effect Controller if any on knows where I can buy, or a simple way to make a Tricolour LEDs change colour. Thanks Chris
4
4

Cupboard over sink
I'm tight for space in my kitchen..... so I am considering putting a wall cupboard over my sink/drainer unit. Would that be such a very, very bad idea? Ed
4
4

Ceramic hob, reason for discolouration?
Hi, I'm having my first encounter with a ceramic hob. Although I find it easy to keep the surface of the hob clean and shiny, there's a streaky discolouration *under* and glass on a couple of...

Health & Safety? Not here
http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/photo/archive/archive_301-350/photo319.asp
3
3

Concrete on block paving
Hope someone can help with this. On block paved drive I have some dried concrete! It's too thin to chisel off but too thin for a high pressure hose. Anyone know how I can clean it off? Thanks -...
6
6

Pool Pump Capacitor
Is the physical size of a capacitor important? My pool pump is making a habit of blowing it's capacitor ever few weeks. The best price I can see on line for this particular model is $75, however a...
7
7

Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
Folks - does portable appliance testing need to be done by a qualified electrician and/or need any particular training to be considered valid? My query is around selling on S/H electrical equipment...
4
4

Multiquick
Looking for a multiquick part but cannot find the web address. Google doesn't help, anybody know. I would have thought but doesn't work. Cheers John
7
7

uPVC? PVCu?
My head is starting to hurt. We just got the latest Kleeneze catalogue through the letterbox and there is an advert for uPVC restorer and PVCu cleaner. Buy both together and save a pound. What on...
8
8

Where can I buy a spring loaded latch?
Our hatch/door into the loft is simply a board that sits its on a ridge, consequently a strong gust of wind with the front door open sends it flying into the loft space! I want to make a proper job of...
6
6

Step ladder
Aged neighbour seeks small step ladder (I know she shouldn't but will she listen!) for changing room light bulbs etc....2 or 3 steps, wideish and stable with, and this is the important bit, a...
4
4

Wall Lights
Hi all, I am new to the group and have searched for the answer to my question but cant find the answer, so i am hoping there is a knowledgeable person out there that can tell me if it is possible to...
9
9

standard diameters for wooden dowelling?
What about a dead AA or AAA cell - should be about the right size - bit of insulting tape over the ends to prevent it interfering - add the wire as planned 'Dead' cell's tend to leak over time and...
4
4