Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

I need to get a new fitted kitchen
But I am not made of money and there are so many issues . some offer cheap then you find they are only carcasses and need doors etc. What is the best way for someone on a limited budget. Then I kmow...
8
8

Shower pumps
We are considering a new bathroom into which we wish to fit a shower pump. The pump would be gravity fed with a head of about 3m assuming it to be at bath floor height. Our water is heated by a...
1
1

Artex hell
Hi all, Moved into this house recently and the previous owner seems to have had a long and abiding passion for artex.(and the colour brown but that's another story) So the problem is this (and...
8
8

Wasps Nest
I have noticed a lot of wasps around my house recently and today I went on a hunt! I noticed wasps going in and out of a ground floor airbrick so presumably that's where the nest is. I was giong...
34
34

Cooker Hood Venting
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone who made suggestions on my recent question regarding putting up plasterboard over my existing kitchen ceiling. I now have a new problem regarding SWMBO's...
10
10

panel clips? Whatever they're called
Sort of like paper clips used to clip two sheets of metal together. Any ideas what they're called? Panel clips? Any idea where I can get them from?
9
9

Weathered Sandstone
I live in a 200 year old sandstone house. Some of the stone is beginning to weather badly in places and I find little piles of sand at the bottom of the wall as my house is, literally, blowing away,...
7
7

Garden Tap. Double check-valve.
How can I tell if my existing garden tap has a built in double check-valve? Is is possible to tell just by looking at it or to I have to take it apart and examine the internal components? Ed
3
3

O T: Spreadsheet help
Got a little problem trying to sort out a formula for a spreadsheet. Yes, some of you may think that I should use a different group, but all the computer groups are not as helpful as this group. Can...
45
45

Drylining the Walls
Moving on from my Celotex in the garage conversion question, I am going to be using Gyproc Thermaline Super (or Knauf equivalent), 50 or 55mm to insulate the walls. That will do the insulation and...
2
2

Celotex
OK...the garage conversion is actually happening. All of the external building work is complete. :-) I've now got to do the floor. I was going to lay 50x125 wooden beams at 400crs, and infill with...
7
7

Travis Perkins
Anyone here got a Travis Perkins trade account? I need to know what they charge per single board of Celotex XR3120. I want 5 of them in total, so don't imagine that any quantity discount will...
1
1

Bolts/screws used in flat pack furniture.
Any idea what they're called? You know the ones, one end screws into a hole on the one piece. The sticking out bit is then inserted into the pre-drilled hole where theres also a small round piece...
4
4

Replacement Manuals free to download
ukpanels.com http://www.enginesdiy.com http://www.firealarmengineeers.com

Plasterboarding a ceiling
I have to put up a new plasterboard ceiling in our kitchen (3m x 3m) and for a variety of reasons I will have to put new plasterboard over the existing plasterboard ceiling. I have never done this...
17
17