Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Exterior Gloss
Can anyone advise if here is an exterior gloss paint available that I can use the paint my soffits/facias that'll last a good few years (too costly to replace them with uPVC atm). I'm in a...
10
10

Tile problem
I am installing and ex showroom kitchen for my son, its a very low budget job as he has little money. All has gone well (better than expected actually) until I came to sorting out the tiling. There is...
1
1

Re: Damage to Water Supply pipe.
I did suggest in my email to them that in other industries, gas, electric etc., that if anything was directly worked on then it would require bring up to current regs. Is that true? Just to err on the...
1
1

Cold water tank
Hi, Something that's been bugging me for a while..... may be missing something obvious here but what's the point of a cold water tank in the loft? I have an indirect hot water cylinder with...
13
13

Radiator valves
Finally getting round to install thermostatic radiator valves to most of the radiators - not bothering with the hall or bathroom. Ours is a conventional gravity system does anyone have recommendations...
6
6

Disaster Strikes - Bowed Polyfoam
Well, we were about to start putting up the walls (Knauf 55mm Polyfoam linerboard) in the garage on Sunday, and just as we got to putting one up against the wall, we noticed that they had bowed...
4
4

Vax rapide xl ultimate
How do I clean, The front plastic bit what sucks the water up? It looks like 2 plastic panels with screws all the way around, but after removing the screws it looks like it is moulded together.
3
3

Conservatory Privacy
So the neighbour put up a conservatory right on the boundary of their property adjoining mine with clear glass windows! My privacy has been taken away and they erected a fence (with see through...
41
41

Ethernet ports
Having almost forgotten until it's too late (polyfoam walling is going up on Sunday in the garage), I went out and bought a load of Ethernet cable to wire up the garage. I know that the wall...
4
4

Garden Shredder guidance and opinion sought
Looking at the archives for this group I note that Garden Shredders were last raised as a topic in 2003. I am thinking of buying something like: Bosch AXT 2200 Bosch AXT 25TCE Ryobi RSH-2455 Any...
16
16

OT - Genuine v. Compatible inkjet cartridges
Having recently exchanged some highly critical e-mails with Epson over their ink cartridge pricing policies, and 'badgering' messages with their ink monitoring software, I have today received...
11
11

bi fold door
I want to fit a bi fold door to my bathroom entrance to save space the opening is 2.5 inch x 75 inch or 698mm x 1905mm there is a b&q Bi-Fold Door is manufactured using one piece moulded wood fibre...
3
3

Electric shower
A friend is looking for a good reliable shower in the 9.5Kw + range, can anyone recommend a good make and model? MBS
1
1

Choices for how to T & G
Hi all, Suggestions needed for best item to buy to tongue and groove a load of timber - various lengths totalling around 300ft. Small (used) router table? What else is there, preferably under 75UKP...
4
4

Plasterer or Sparky?
Once my insulated plasterboard goes up in the garage, do I get sockets and switches done first, or get the plasterer in to skim the walls and ceilings before anything is done with the...
10
10