Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Washing machine????
These days, most such kit is controlled by microprocessors - washing machines, dish-washers, alarm panels, cd/dvd-players, etc. Electrical spikes can confuse processors, and then they need resetting....
16
16

Grout & sealer recommenations wanted
Can anybody recommend a decent bathroom grout? Many I have tried seem to turn to mould/ copper colour after only a few months. However our bathroom doesn't have a window, only a extractor fan, so...
1
1

How to get discounts at B&Q (2%) and Halfords (4.5%) indefinitely!
...by becoming a free 'Quidco' member, if you aren't one already. As well as their fairly well-known online shopping cashback scheme, they also have an 'in-store' scheme with several retailers,...
14
14

Stripping old paint from metal garage doors
Looking for a product I can use to take oil based paint off a garage door. THe painter put oil over latex and it all crackled and is chipping off. So I need to remove the oil based paint and the...
1
1

bulging plaster
Help please. What is the best way round this? There is a 2' diameter bulge in the bathroom plaster which is on a wall to be tiled. Is there an easy [any] way to tile it without hacking off and...
1
1

Double gazing beading
I've just received a couple a replacement windows and unlike the previous ones from the same company the beading is mitred at one end only. The other has been left square. It seems to me that beading...
1
1

Curious round 3 pin sockets in modern flat
Me and Mrs Midge were round at a friends flat this evening. Its a modern flat built around 5 years back and I suppose you'd say it was rather posh and well spec'ed. Lounge/dining area has no less than...
10
10

Converting semi to two flats - planning etc.
Thanks Hugo. We're not in too bad a position on some of those areas..... The house has recently had the loft insulated and cavity wall insulation added, and the windows were double glazed some time...
8
8

I Need Some Light Bulbs !!!!!
The local church that I attend have asked me to try and find a bulb supplier in the UK preferably, who can supply some 120V 7.5W (7 point 5 W) Screw-In bulbs which are used to illuminate the foot...
12
12

Leaf blower/vac/shredder
Thanks for the suggestions £100 extra is not a cost I can justify I'm afraid so I've decided on the Mitox as I've had good service from the Mitox strimmer I have.
4
4

electricity monitor
I have a british gas electricity montor as I think my electric consumption is to high, we live in an average 3 bed semi. At the moment it is reading energy being used at 900watt. There dosn't seem to...
10
10

stuck thermostatic valve
last year when I knew even less about these things than I know now, I had to get a CH man in to deal with a bunch of stuck (closed) thermostatic valves on a system that had not been run for some time....
3
3

Maytag Persona washing machine
I saw this post on here with the same querry I am about to ask but can not seem to fing it once I created my account so here it goes to seek an answer. I have the above washing machine that has quit...
1
1

Fan oven
I have a Hotpoint fan oven just over two years old. Today the wife shouted me and told me that it had stopped working. When I got to it the clock was flashing, no fan and no heat. I pressed some of...
16
16

Building A Chicken Coop Strategy!
Build a Chicken House Quickly With These Techniques Patuly Marketing http://123probiz.com/building-a-chickencoop TinyURL.com is the original URL shortener that shortens your unwieldly links into more...