Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Ceiling Paint bubbles I can't get rid of (2023 Update)
I painted a lounge ceiling - new over existing emulsion. It came up with bubbles everywhere as soon as I finished painting. Tried scraping off bubbles prior to putting on jointing compound to fill the...
1
1

GE Dropin stove Model JMS07001AD (2023 Update)
My grandson bumped up against the control knob to the large eye & broke the stem. I also need a small eye.
1
1

Low Pressure After Turning On Your R5 Gas Meter? Here's How to Fix It (2023 Update)
I turned off the meter to install a new water heater. Turned it on,have low pressure, How do I reset the diaphragm?
1
1

Fireplace/Chimney
I live in Portugal and I have an old house that have a fireplace that was used in the old days for cooking, warming up the house and also make dried meat. This fireplace is situated in my living room...

Secure outdoor hanging hooks
I have a number of bird feeders, suspended from beams using the traditional open eyed (shepherds crook) hanging hooks. Uneaten food falls from the feeders and lands on the concrete. This is eaten by...
3
3

Troubleshoot a Blank Display on a Maytag Glass Top Range (2023 Update)
I just installed a Maytag glass top range and the display won’t light up. It’s brand new. Burners work fine.
1
1

general recommendation question : lowara-xylem vs grunfos vs wilo vs whichever else
I have to buy a circulator pump for hot water (T max 80-90), 7-8 m head (lift), 1 m3/h flow, max power consumptio in the range 60-80 W. Duty cycle very heavy (I mean many hours of uninterrupted work)....
2
2

Made a rack for storing firewood.
It has 3 sections for large, medium, and small firewood.
1
1

Disassembly of Stannar stairlift (2023 Update)
I need to access the swivel mechanism under the Sofia stairlift. the drive appears to have worn or broken teeth, but I can't verify this as I cannot remove the seat assembly. Any suggestions?
1
1

Rain dial irrigation system. Turn on manual and all I hear is clicking? Problem? (2023 Update)
As in subject
1
1

swimming pool film on water surface (2023 Update)
I Took on a house with an inground pool last year. Lately there?s a a kind of ?film? on the surface which I?ve been unable to clear after vacuuming the pool, backwashing/rinsing and evening putting a...
1
1

Hair cutting
Folk on FB laughed at me last week when I said that I was thinking about cutting my own hair. Well, I guess we?re all gonna be learning hairdressing skills now. Bought myself some clippers on line and...
2
2

Primus 632 Blowlamp Jet (2023 Update)
I have a Primus 632 blowlamp that requires a new jet. Can anyone tell me where I can buy one, please?
1
1

Power Outage? How to Fix Your First Alert FC215 Alarm Panel (2023 Update)
My alarm system was in my home when I purchased it, it's a first alert fC215 panal , I never had any problem with it whatsoever until a wind storm knocked out the power for 4 hours ,.... Now every 4...
2
2

wiring a basement
I am finishing by basement. There is a half to three quarter inch space between the studs and the concrete wall. We thought this would be a great place to run the wires. I know the wire must be...
1
1