Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

he asbestos files?
Now can one and ones friends these days dismantle an old a corrugated asbestos garage and sent the sheets and rusty bits of metal to the tip in a skip, or is this punishable by a stint in the slammer...
1
1

sink waste fitting
I have a franke sink to fit into a varnished wood worktop, it's a push in fitted by serrated claws on the sink sides which grip the worktop; what sealant should I use, also do I need a smear of...
6
6

Looking for a suitable dirty water pump
Is there anything around that you can set up with a hose in AND out? Similar to those pumps that you attach to an electric drill, but preferably self-contained. Long story, but have a problematic...
2
2

EnSuite
Aged parent wants to stay at Victorian house having difficulty with stairs and not suitable for StairLift. Does anyone produce an EnSuite Pod with shower, washbasin & loo (which would be plumbed in...
1
1

Re Beading
I have recently had to put some thin beading on an outside door. However when the small pins were used near the end of the beading it split the wood. Is there some decent wood glue out there that...
5
5

Risk Of Explsion ?
My local Church is supplied with gas via what looks like a 2" steel pipe. Obviously there is a manual shut off valve on the inlet pipe. On the other side of the meter, there is also a manual shut off...
13
13

Granite Countertop Best For Kitchens
Adding granite countertop in your home is very beneficial. One of the biggest advantages is that it increases the value of your home. This is mainly granite looks fabulous luxury that no other...
3
3

Coating for pebble dash
I've just had an estimate for repair of my cracked pebble dash external wall and it includes a final coating of Murfill waterproof water dispersed polymer solution. My son has warned that if water...
2
2

re failed dimmer switch
I fitted five 50watt 240VClick downlights in parallel in our lounge ceiling to replace wall lights. There was a two way switch at each entrance to the lounge so I kept the wiring intact but fitted a...
2
2

failed dimmer switch
I fitted five 50watt downlights is parallel in our lounge ceiling to replace wall lights. There was a two way switch at each entrance to the lounge so I kept the wiring intact but fitted a 400w Click...
1
1

Toilet seats
I wish to replace a couple toilet seats, we want white plastic seats of approx 420mm x 375mm and the important measurement is 225mm between the pan fixing bolts - its a Twyford pan of unknown model...
9
9

Furniture Fittings and DIY - Kitchen Wirework
ordering and stock check availability A full range of Tooling supplies from Complete Tools & Fixings, Nottingham.

discontinued armitage shanks "clarendon" wc cistern flush lever WANTED
The lever on our loo snapped in half and I have been unable to find a replacement since the 1986 "Clarendon" line is long since discontinued. A plumber fitted a replacement lever but it is loose and...
2
2

Paint for external rendered wall
I would like to paint the rendered wall on my house. It the type with small white stones/chippings stuck to mortar (not sure about the correct terminology here!). The exposed west wall is battered by...
4
4

Trade Masonary Paint ?
I need to purchase some masonry paint for the outside of the house. On eBay I can purchased 20ltrs for £38 of trade masonry paint. What is the difference between trade paint and household paint that...
11
11