Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Flat roof
How much should it cost to strip and replace a flat felt and bitumen roof with gravel on top over my kitchen, it is about 65 square metres Thank you
1
1

Grundig Lenaro tv freezes
I've got the above tv which freezes when trying to change channels. It's a tuner problem which has only occurred since the digital switchover and is a known issue with the Lenaro tv whose tuner is...
1
1

Wall mounted bath fillers
Just planning my long promised main bathroom refit. Rather like the idea of those nice neat wall mounted bath filler panels you can can get. This sort of thing but cheaper the wall they would be going...

Re Tracing ceiling joists
I previously asked for advice on fixing a crack in the kitchen ceiling and it seems it would be best to screw the plaster board up into the joist somewhere above it. However I know that the bathroom...
2
2

Boiler type - How to Run 4 Showers?
As House Convenor at our local cricket club we are trying to resurrect an old shower room (we need 2 rooms now since the girls have equal rights - good thing too). The existing CH system only just...
7
7

Gas Cooker Help Please...?
This task is giving me an headache...... At Church we have a gas cooker range made by a company called JCA Limited. We need a new knob for it as the last one disappeared a few years ago. The cooker...
2
2

Re Ceiling crack
We have had a crack in the kitchen ceiling for ages and fill it every odd year. Somewhere along the line I seem to remember someone saying there is a useful product possibly at B & Q. It is a strip...
3
3

Landlord Certificates ?
What certificates must a landlord provide a tenant with please. ? Jim G
23
23

How to re-ignite Worcester 350 combi boiler (with images)
Hi All Had a lot of fantastic help & advice last time with this group so I hope you can help again thanks. I had the electric mains trip a few times and the combi boiler was on the same circuit (I...
4
4

noise when tap turned off
When I turn the cold tap off it goes `clunk` one loud knocking noise, its recent as never used to do this. Any thoughts on how to cure?
7
7

double-glazed pane replacement cost
Hello, I have been affected by this week storm and my bedroom window has been broken by a flying piece of roof. Fortunately, it's double-glazed and only the external pane broke. I've been to the local...
3
3

burglar alarm
> Most likely the battery in the alarm panel has died - especially if it has not been changed since you moved in. It is good practice to change the battery every 5-7 years, 10 at most. It will...
22
22

Bath tap running slow
I am getting only a miserable trickle of cold water from our bath tap. The bathroom was new about 8 years ago so all the plumbing is modern. Our mains water pressure is high and all the other taps &...
17
17

How many power shower hose sizes are there?
I need a new shower head holder and got given a spare "set" (wall fittings, riser, hose) but the existing hose (and the hose fitting into the head) are too big for the holder. I also noticed my...
1
1

Fill gap around gas fire flue.
We have a coal-effect gas fire with a flue that goes straight out through the wall. Unfortunately, there is a considerable draught coming into the room from behind the fire, which rather defeats the...
5
5