Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Barge Board replacement - Larch
I want to buy larch planking as a replacement for my house bargeboards. Some suppliers have told me that they would supply white pine but I do not believe that this has the same ability as Larix...
4
4

Cutting a U-section in kitchen wall-tile
What's the best method of cutting-out a U-section from a kitchen wall tile? This is to accommodate a window board. The tiles are 10 cms square. Patrick
4
4

Tablets
is there any bargains for dishwasher tablets. I have a tesco and sainsburys and a Netto as well
3
3

Fibre Washers
Anybody else had similar. I replaced our En-Suite approx 6 months ago and when replacing the toilet used the existing tap connector (copper not flexi) but renewed the fibre washer. After approx 3...
13
13

Kitchen Hood wiring
Hello all, I need to connect a stainless steel kitchen hood / chimney up to a fused switch (spur) I am aware of cable zones from sockets and switches. Where does a hood figure in this? Is there a...
2
2

Glass Block Wall for Shower Enclosure?
I'm thinking of putting together a bespoke shower cubicle. Two walls would be tile on brick/plaster. The third would be constructed of glass blocks. Several Questions:- 1/ Anyone else done this?...
2
2

Help Pharoah Ant Invasion
I have just found out I have Pharoah ants, anyone got any idea how to get rid of the buggers. I have searched on the net and found a product made by Maxforce which contains hydramethylnon, it is meant...
4
4

Fly Spray
Can anyone recommend a domestic flyspray that actually works instead of just making the flies happy for a while? Whatever happened to the good old-fashioned 'knock down' flysprays.
3
3

BT phone JB connections
I have snipped the BT line in the roof of my house to re route it due to extension work. I am a Virgin customer (come back Telewest) so may not need the BT line again (unless I go to Sky), but I want...
5
5

neff dishwasher
My d/washer a neff - isn't working when the controls are adjusted the thing does nothing. there is a light on so the fuse is OK
4
4

Totally OT: PC Speaker Problem
Sorry to be so OT but I wonder if anybody can help please. I have recently purchased a new PC (Acer Aspire T180) for my two boys to use. The problem is that when browsing web sites the sound is there...
3
3

Design and Access statement
: Bad enough to have to have planning permission to take out old rotten rubbish windows and put new, good, secure ones in - Council's only now trying to bolt a stable door in a long-neglected...
4
4

fridge problems , keeps flooding with water!!
Basically a 8 year old standard stand up fridge , freezer at the bottom , fridge at the top etc , but it seems to fill with water at the bottom where the two standard issue draws are , i empty out the...
7
7

circular saw drill bit??
Hello all, I'm after a circular saw drill bit attachment, about 2 inch diameter. A bit like in those dremmel adverts. I've searched an can't seem to find one - to be used for cutting 3mm...
10
10

Dishwasher Wiring
Hello all, I need to connect a dishwasher by using a fused switch. I understand that the fused switch is normally connected to the ring with a separate load running to a socket for the fixed...
7
7