Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Sanitaryware ?
I am needing a new toilet, low level. Box on wall with pipe leading to toilet pan. Where is the best place to get these items that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg?
10
10

Approval for Electrical Works?
Hi there, Do I need to contact my local council for Building Regulation Approval to have our new Extension wired? Heard something that if I use a Part P Certified Electrician, I don't need to but...
2
2

Hose clips follow up
A while back we had a thread on hose clip removal tools. I'd only ever seen the type described in washing machines etc. There was an undecided argument as to whether or not to use the correct tool...
2
2

Tiles and mould....
Hi I am doing some improvements to our bathroom - we have problems with mould growth on grout. Can anyone recommend a way of removing and keeping joints clear in future. If I retile is it ok to tile...
1
1

B&Q 15% off paint
Anyone know how long this promotions runs for, and if it includes dulux colour mixing?
1
1

Broken Wooden Slat on bed
Hi Anyone got any idea where you can buy wooden slats for bends? I knelt on one and it broke? Thanks in advance Ian
4
4

Sealing a shower cubicle quickly
Hi all, If one has to seal a few gaps in a shower cubicle that at the moment has a small water leak running into it, what`s the quickest curing sealant? It is possible to divert the leak for a while,...
3
3

Baxi solo 3 pfl
I have just noticed after flushing and refilling the system and adding sentinol to prepare for winter that the pump is running continuously.I think it should switch off after about 8 may have been...
1
1

Concrete shed base questions
Hi All, I am laying down a concrete base for my 16' x 10' timber shed / workshop. I have dug down 5 inches below ground level and am planning to lay: 4 inches of compacted hardcore A layer of...
4
4

Basic soakaway
My extension has been up for some years but I've never got around to installing a soakaway - at present rainwater goes straight into a butt which drains onto the garden via a hose. The council...
22
22

Correct name for part of windows between frame and wall?
Can someone please tell me what the name is of the concrete covering that sealant is applied to along with the window frame (sorry for the poor description!). It's the bit than goes from the wall...
5
5

Painting light over dark red
I am planning to repaint a room which is currently dark red ('Spanish Rose' if memory serves.) The new colour is likely to be much lighter, if not off-white. What will I need to do in terms of...
3
3

Filling hole in wall
A long story,but I have ended up with a hole 3' wide 2" deep 3" across in a breeze block partition wall.(hole had to be cut some years ago to allow bigger bath to be installed)Can anyone please...
2
2

Removing ceramic tiles
I have been asked to remove tiles from bathroom plastered wall The question has probably been asked before,does anyone know of an easy way to do this? please
9
9

Gravity Shower
I dont know if that is the right term but the shower I have is one over the bath and no electrics a person in house cannot use bath or the shower because of getting in and out of bath.If I have power...
2
2