apartment units VS parking spaces, question

I'm just curious, is anyone on here familiar with the local codes in their city as to how many parking spaces the city/township/municipality requires per unit in an apartment building?
In the small burough near me they require 2.5 spaces per unit of off street parking to approve a new apartment, either conversion or new construction. Right here the city will approve a 12 unit apartment with 10 spaces.
Remove 333 to reply. Randy
replying to Randy333, Iggy wrote: Pretty much the same requirements around me. However, you can always try for a Variance from those and many other regulations. Many Townships and Boroughs have their Codes/Laws/Regulations online. Very rarely does anyone need a Lawyer to get a reasonable variance. Get familiar with their Codes and meet with Building or Zoning Officials to find out what they could vouch for or help you get approved by the Zoning and Planning Commissions.