Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Retaining Wall Construction Question
Our backyard retaining wall is deteriorating and needs to be replaced. It=92s 4=92 high and about 30=92 long. We believe it=92s stone (with mortar) covered by a layer of concrete. Most of the wall is...
2
2

Quality Low Voltage Landscape Lighting ?
Does anyone here know of a high quality brand for low voltage landscape lighting ? I have tried and tried fixtures from the big box stores , but they are very cheap and seldom last more than one year....
2
2

casement window question
Wood, plastic (vinyl) or metal window?
3
3

Size of Telephone wire
since when is 300' too far for networking? 328 is the standard limit and that's just a number. It will work much farther than that. Plus, cat 5 cable is a lot better than cat 3. I'd put at least 3...
18
18

Crane Rentals
STC is the leading provider of high-performance hydraulic telescopic cranes, mechanical crawler cranes, truck mounted cranes, hydras, forklifts, trailers odc transport, lattice boom truck cranes,...

septic pipe is in the way
I'm digging a trench for a footer that will support a sunroom. I'm putting it 24" down and live in SW PA, is this deep enough? Also I have a septic line which will run under the sunroom to the tank,...
5
5

Epoxy exterior floor
Hi, I have a terrace that needs impermeabilization as it leaks constantly. Does anyone know of any transparent acrylic resins that are UV resistant and can endure direct sun exposure and be walkable...
1
1

Garage slab
I want to build a garage. My site is about four feet lower than the driveway. I will build stem walls on footings to start that will reach the elevation of the existing drive and will totally enclose...
15
15

Timber Framing and Your Business
Please take a moment to visit and "like" our page on Facebook. our beautiful photos ... learn more about timber framing. See where we build ... meet our team and more. Woodhouse=AE The Timber Frame...
3
3

Foundation Question
John, If this is the same project you spoke of earlier (T&M) , it sounds as though the owner and/or the architect are attempting to play games or they don't know their asses from their elbows. Be...
7
7

wood walls built like brick walls
Purely curiosity. Every one knows how brick walls are built and why. But what if you were to replace that brick with wood? Kind of like the way they do log cabins. Would such a wall be as sturdy as...
20
20

Ongoing Contract Design
I (contractor)have been actively working with an owner and his lending agency on a Contract, specifically addressed by owner as a T and M contract. I will go along with this, and do to the nature of...
2
2

router bit
curiosity mainly. anyone make a router bit with a 12 degree angle? so that I can bevel 2x lumber with it instead of using a table saw? I've seen one that is used in counter tops but that damn thing...

Working on a contract
I am working on a contract and was wondering how to work in the added liability insurance cost. I usually have a smaller policy for smaller jobs, and the new possible job will account for a premium...
6
6

Window Openings Size for Double Hung and Casement
What is the minimum openings for LongIsland? Suffolk County Town of Huntington?
3
3