Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OSB with built-in vapor barrier question
In residential construction, walls are typically sheathed with OSB and the outside of the house is then wrapped in Tyvek or a similar housewrap. Somewhere I saw a product that was OSB with the...
4
4

Porter-Cable Omnijig--Worth it?
lot of things that need dovetails. Maybe you do.
14
14

Get Your Business Advertised for less than EURO 5 per week
75,000 people visit every month. With rates starting at less than EURO 5 per week can your business afford not to be listed on Irelands fastest growing home Services Portal. Frequently Asked...

CO testing
I have a Bacharach Mod 60 meter. Recently we did a test on a furnace that went to 3,800 + ppm CO , after removing the probe I let the meter run for at least 3 minutes and it would not go below 50 ppm....
4
4

Removing tree stumps or grind for under slab
I am planning a garage that will be on a slab. I have several large tree stumps that I am considering grinding instead or digging out. What do ya think?
8
8

Electrical planning- kitchen- # of circuits
I'm planning a kitchen remodel, and I always like to have a complete plan before I get started on projects (self or hired contractors). I also have a tendency to overengineer my projects, but now...
58
58

Raising a large shed (20 x 24)
I need to raise a large 20 x 24 foot shed about 2 feet. I was built using 5-4x4 beams (should have been 6x6), 2x8 floor joists, and sits on 25 pads about 16" off the ground. There is no electric or...
10
10

Fastener Pricing
Wondering if anyone out there has been hearing a buzz about large scale fastener price increases on the immediate horizon for fasteners coming out of China? In a recent conversation with one of our...

New England Homes and Atlantic Blue Water (LLC) and Liberty Modular Homes LLC
Think twice before you buy a New England Home from Atlantic Blue Modular Home LLC, Chester, NH and or Liberty Modular Home LLC from Chichester, NH. We are having many issues from unexceptable to poor...

The Construction Times
Free site for civil engineers by civil engineers...

construction awards for civil engineers
we group of cuvil engineers are going to institute an award for civil engineers which will be not less than NOBLE PRIZE.
2
2

Where there is a will there is a way
A farmer in England built a castle like home without a permit on his farm, and waited out the 4 year statute of limitations on complaints before removing the giant hay bale stack that sheltered the...
4
4

cost estimating & bid tracking software
Other than Skire's Unifier application Decan Systems DeccaPro software other software is available for cost estimating & bid tracking? http://www.skire.comand http://www.deccansystems.com/what
4
4

outline codes
I'm having a hard time getting my estimating system to match my accounts payable system. Is there a standard set of codes out there for different costs? Right now I'm using my custon project...
2
2

Locating Wires in Walls ?
I have to drill a 2 1/2 inch hole through an exterior wall, and I know that it is possible that I could run into wiring. While I know that I could turn this circuit off and drill away, I can envision...
18
18