Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

rubber flashing boot
Greets all, I'm looking for a place to buy a "pre-formed synthetic rubber flashing boot" to make a waterproof seal around a pressure-treated 4x4 on a deck. I've seen such things mentioned in...
14
14

Blueprint distribution and management software
Architect and Builder Document Management Offering architects, engineers, builders and subcontractors seamless document sharing. a.. Create projects and controls user access to projects b.. Architects...

Where find Jasco metal primer ?
Can anyone tell me where I can find the metal primer made by Jasco ? Their website claims it is sold by Lowe's, Ace Hardware, etc, but I cannot find it anywhere. Anyone know where to buy this...
18
18

How to reinforce concrete with glass fibers
Please tell me how to reinforce concrete with glass fibers. Should the glass fibers be saturated with resin before pouring the cement? Or is it just similar to chicken wire reinforced concrete wherein...
16
16

I removed the wall paper and left scars
I did it in the bath . I started with hot water and vinegar 1to1.. let set 10 15 min. I then scared the paper with a roller thing and spayed on DIF from Lowes.. It did better but left some scars. What...
2
2

Good Names for Site Contracting
I work for a site contracting company and we are looking for a good company slogan. I was wondering if any one had any ideas. We are also looking for a name for our employee newsletter I'd love to...

retaining wall issue
Hello all -- I need some ideas... I'm planning a 160sq ft retaining wall that will not go higher than three feet. My wife found the stone that she wants at RCP block--a local brick and stone...
10
10

roof and wall sheathing
anyone have any experience with the engineered sheathing with built in vapor barrier and water retarder (i.e. huber products). i'm just curious as to the cost of this material versus traditional...

Propane plumbing questions
This year I plan to put a small Hot Dawg furnace in the detached garage. I will have to tee in to the primary regulator output and run a line over to a new secondary regulator. This is a 500# pig....
2
2

NYC Crane disaster
construction workers here in the city think it'sool to ahve marojuana leaf logos on theirr helmets i have yet to find any sky crane worker have any idea how many psi is in the hydraulic cylinders...
14
14

Concrete driveway issue Any concrete experts?
Last September/October I had a new 40x60' pad in front of my garage poured along with a 45x4' sidewalk from the house to the garage. This company also did a 250' asphalt turnaround. (I...
12
12

Tapcon screws worked !! Thanks !!
I bought the 1/4 inch Tapcon screws at Lowe's, in a package that included the correct mortor bit. Everything worked fine!! The screws went in fine, and seemed to "tap" or "seat" as I would have...

Masonry Stain Dyebrick
I recently used this product successfully for staining my brick walls a more deep red color. I am now looking for a similar product for some polished stone does anyone know what I should use? as...

Mounting 2 x 4 to block wall ?
I want to mount a PT 2 x 4 to a cinder block wall in my basement, in order to build some shelves. What is the best way to do this ? These shelves may hold a max of 100 lbs. I have seen those lead...
52
52

Sunken Bath/Shower Question
My dad recently suffered a stroke. Before he returns home, I need to do something with their sunken bath/shower to accommodate his limited mobility while he recovers. It's ~ 37x58" and maybe a...
12
12