Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Carpentry London
All aspects of carpentry and joinery in London.

Building plans for backyard shed
Hi folks; Can any one direct me to a site that has free online plans to build a backyard shed, to stay with-in the guidelines of less than 10 square metres total size, but can be any height. Our laws...

Paint brands
I'm redoing my kitchen - mostly paint; walls, cabinets and countertops. In the past I have always used Glidden paints, but my local retailer has dropped the Glidden line in favor of Benjamin Moore....
2
2

Google angle calculator in degrees
Google toolbar calculator formula for rise and run is "atan(rise/run)/ degrees"
10
10

Thank Gosh for a construction Question!
I was beginning to think this group had gone down to the dogs...... Maybe when spammers take over all they have is spammers to contend with! Now that is a novel thought....... Anyway, it was nice to...
2
2

Removing Attic Cross Beams
I am helping a friend with a project. He has a raised ranch style home, I believe. There is a basement, one main floor, and an attic. The attic has no exterior walls other than that on each end. It is...
15
15

Monitor Kerosene Heaters/ stopped production ?
I have 3 Monitor heaters that use K1 fuel oil. I like them a lot, but have heard recently that Monitor has stopped making them. Anyone know if this is true, and if so, where would one find parts for...

Removing Window Pane
Hi Folks, I need to remove a glass window pane that is fastened with silicone adhesive to an aluminum frame. I've tried a putty knife and a utility knife with virtually no success.
5
5

Air conditioning Filters
Air Sponge Filter co. offers a full line of furnace filters, air conditioning and ac filters for home or office we deal in furnace filter. we deal in furnace filters,air conditioning,custom sizes,...

eco wood treatment
hi,,has anyone tried this product called eco wood treatment,i have a large barn that i want to treat,,any information from someone that used it ,is says its available at home depot but i cant find...

Snow shows up construction curiosity
I've mentioned this on there is a patio , part of which was re-made. the snow on the older section is higher and fluffier looking and melts unevenly. Any ideas as to why?

Underfloor heating
Anyone know about electric underfloor heating. I am an electrician and install quite a lot of systems, but I'm not convinced it can work as a main source of heat, particularly in a conservatory. Does...
5
5

Road renovation
I have a 1/4 mile driveway that is becoming badly rutted. I'm in Tennessee and the property is very hilly. The drive runs straight down hill from the county road mostly over bedrock that had gravel...
3
3

Painting concrete
4
4

Toilet flush releases water too fast
Hello All: The flush in my toilet releases the water too fast. In fact, I usually get the water spill out sometimes. I am wondering if I can somehow get the hole at the bottom of the tank restricted a...
4
4