little black dots (2024 Update)

I'm scared I have em to and I hear the clicking. Please message me

Reply to
Jake

Oh I'm so glad I found these comments, I have been dealing with the same exact thing (alone) for almost 6 months and I honestly thought I was losing my mind. I finally broke down and told my husband and adult daughter, they both ink I'm crazy because it doesn't seem to bother them. I too have questioned my sanity numerous times over the past few months. Wth are these things and where did they come from? I can't believe this has been going on for this long and no one seems to have any real answers or a solution to the problem. I just sat here and read every one of these comments aloud to my husband..now I think he is realizing it's not just me & maybe I'm not a nut case after all. I still don't know what to do about it though..somebody knows something and just isn't saying but it's time to come forward and put an end to this hellish nightmare on earth. Please please help us! I can't take much more, I'm about to lose my shit!🤯😭

Reply to
1hilltopgirl

I am literally in hell with this!!!!!! I have lost friends and have family that are ignoring me because they think I am on drugs. My 2 young sons and I are suffering severely from a multitude of health issues as well as extreme cognitive decline. My 6 year old just screams and yells that he wants to die constantly. I NEED to know if they go away if you move as I am breaking my lease for this effing HELLISH nightmare 😫😫😫

Reply to
Malina

Malina, I'm so sorry you & your sons are having to go through this. I have a 6 y.o. grand son that "Thank God", it doesn't seem to effect in any way like that. He doesn't live here full time anymore so maybe thats the difference. I don't know if moving helps as I myself haven't tried it. We own our house but believe me if I was just renting or leasing..I'd be gone out of here so fast. I've read in other post, some say it doesn't help..it's likely you take them with you but it's surely worth a try. It's sad and a shame that people automatically assume someone is on or uses drugs just because they aren't experiencing the same problems. I've had the same thing happen but I haven't told many people about it just for this reason. I'll be praying for you and your sons with hopes it will all become better for ya'll after the move.

Reply to
1hilltopgirl

Jake..I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. It's horrible. What kind of problems are you having to make you think you have them too?

Reply to
1hilltopgirl

I have the same thing! Tar like dots. I I’ll do not wear shoes in my bedroom and that’s where I first noticed them. Over the last year or so they are multiplying because as soon as I work on a section and clean it. They are back within a week or two. Everyone thinks I’m crazy but it is not from shoes!

Reply to
Mellie

I’m haveing the same thing with the dots I clean them up they get on my skin while my self n floor by hand and they keep showing back up like little black specks Iv been able to crush some on my hand and bothers not it’s driven me crazy! Help

Reply to
Katie

I moved into a fairly old apartment a year ago and I have the same black dots on the floor , wall, sink. I thought they were bugs and I spray and bleach everything . But they are still there. Also, every crumb of food or other that falls on the floor or cabinet turns black. Is there something wrong with the air quality in my apartment?

Reply to
Tabitha Watts

Did you ever find out the solution to this I am having the same problem in my apartment

Reply to
Kevin2855

I have the same thing did you ever find out what they are

Reply to
Kevin2855

I’m having the exact same issue. Have you gotten any answers yet. I just had a stool test for parasites. I have live stuff in my poo too, Salk the time. My faintly, spouse and anyone who will listen think I’m hallucinating. I see tje all over the place. I’ve had exterminators - these things got a little better but they Cae bac with a vengeance. Do yours light up? Mine do. This is when they are on your hair, a sweater or anything with a pile. If that makes sense. I have photos if you would like to see them. They also live by eyes. I’ll get tons. One goes in and the tears in your eye make these thing reproduce like crazy. Fron 1, 50 are made. So freaky and scared. If no one knows what they are, they could be poisoning us or slowly killing us. she’ll!!!!!

Reply to
Angie

Have you figured out what it is? I have the same thing happening in my apartment. It has been happening for over a year but has gotten worse over the last few months, since I was in the hospital with pulmonary arterial hypertension with right side heart failure. I can't handle it with my health and is driving me insane! As soon as I clean them they are back within minutes! I've done a lot of research and I can't figure out what it is. I've been told mold or lint. I have to vacuum and wash my sheets constantly. Mopping my linoleum doesn't work to get them up I have to get down there and scrape them off, which is really difficult for me cuz I cannot bend over without my entire body going weeks starting from the shoulders down and feeling like I'm suffocating. PLEASE IF YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS PLEASE LET ME KNOW! THANK YOU!

Reply to
POV

Replying to bugged. As well as everything you mentioned and I mentioned in my last post I also hear a clicking sound. PLEASE HELP AND REPLAY IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS!! THANK YOU!!

Reply to
POV

I have same thing now for over ten years it has destroyed my health my life

Reply to
Sabina t

It sounds like black mold. You need to get an expert look at it ASAP!

Reply to
Teri

What makes you say black mold? I'm not saying I don't believe you...quite the opposite actually. I'm just curious how you know black mold can behave this way.

The house I live in actually used to have black mold on the walls in one of the rooms. It happened when my parents lived here & I had my own place. I remember what it looked like however since I visited my parents often. It looked wet & totally different from how the black specks look that I've been finding all over the house recently. The earlier mold issue was nearly 20yrs ago. I moved back here around 10yrs ago.

I've been certain for a few years now that this house has mold issues again, which I believe are coming from the attic (& possibly behind the sheet rock as well). Reason being..The crown molding has been coming away from the walls all over the house, like getting gaps between them. It's happened too fast to be just normal age related stuff. This house was built in 1935 BTW. Also, looking at the north side of the house from outside you can clearly see that the color of the exterior gets black looking right at the area where the ceiling would begin. This house is def way too damp & there's visible rotting of wood in many areas, so there's def mold.. Just not quite visible as far as I've been able to tell. When I say I know there's a mold issue, I'm not saying it's Stachybotrys(blk mold), although it could be.

Onto the black flecks...I started seeing them over 2yrs ago & they've continued to multiply the entire time. They range in size from microscopic to a few mm in length. They appear flat, like others mentioned, but in clothing they're like tiny fuzz balls. I could be seeing 2 diff things that started around the same time tho. On slick surfaces they're flat & shaped anywhere from round, slight oval (or football type shape) to a kinda arrowhead shape. They're usually stuck 2 stuff & more often than not will come off with masking tape, but rarely by just wiping. It's seemed at times like they might start out softer & lighter colored & darken with age (but again I could be seeing multiple things.)

I don't feel like they go in my skin, thankfully, but there are times when I start itching & when I scratch I'll look under my nails & see teeny tiny black specks. I imagine they're just on my skin, not burrowing in. I've never seen any move, so it's confusing how I can clean off a counter top, then look a few mins later & see there's more already.

All this started around the time my bro moved in here & I'm still convinced he very well may have brought them with him. He's filthy & never cleaned his place. I used to believe they were some new species of pest that evolved in his nasty trailer, but I'm leaning more toward it being some type of fungi at this point since I've never seen any move at all. Oh yeah & like others have said, I've noticed damaged areas popping up all over the place.. Like the floors, walls, counters. Ive also noticed they seem to even pop up from painted surfaces & leave behind tiny holes?!

Nobody else is particularly bothered by it. Actually, they think I'm crazy & overreacting 2 normal dust and particles that are in every house, but this crap is not normal and I've only seen it here in this house. The way its infested every article of clothing is the most distressing part for me. I've even looked at clothes in goodwill & nothing had this mess on them. But once I bring any clothing home, it's covered eventually. The black flecks can be so small they can fall thru the weave of a t shirt, but after some time the clothes will appear to have pilling. I know it's not piling tho bc the "fuzz" even appears on stuff that's been folded & untouched. I waste so much of my time attempting to remove all this shit from everything. The house is extra dusty nowadays as well. All the dust, fuzzies & black flecks wafting thru the air has me concerned about health effects for my family because I know the air quality is shit.

I won't bother asking if anyones figured out what this is, cuz I'm sure nobody has. I'm just interested in any feedback you guys have.. Primarily, whether my description sounds like what you guys have seen.

Reply to
Heather

My black dots turned out to be the film that was on the new linoleum in my bathrooms. I used an electric broom to sweep and it caused the film that was the outer layer of the flooring to breakdown. I had black dot every where. They were not bugs, mold, or droppings. We investigated using lighted magnifying glasses and could actually see that it came from the floor. Thankfully, they finally disappeared after losing the shine from the floors. Of course I stopped using the electric broom that seem to be the spreader of the black dots.

Reply to
Sweetz50

[...]

I see this conversation goes back many years. I’m hoping everyone is well that has been infested, infected with this (parasite?). I have been experiencing a very similar problem going on 3 years now. It’s bad. I have been to many professionals all have scratched their heads. I’ve collected so many of these things. They have polluted every inch of my living. I believe these are related to a long, glat(paper thin) worm, possibly a tape worm of some sort. I know, because I have seen daily for the last 3 years these flat disks with 2 black dots attach together to form one long worm. These little disk things are not destructible. Nothing kills them, not submersion in water, not fire or heat, not chemicals. I find them everywhere, I brush my teeth and rinse - every single time zi have a dozen or so in the sink. They show up all over me when I shower. They are all over and in my clothes. They are also in my eyes and they burrow into my skin, all leaving scars. I firmly believe they are wholly responsible for my health issues. It’s so bizarre that my PCP thinks I’m nuts. He had me convinced too so ai tried to ignore what was going on, but it is impossible. I’m getting no where in this struggle. Does anyone who has or is experiencing this same thing give me suggestions on what to do, I feel as though I will lose this battle. My health is deteriorating

Reply to
ASM