Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Green Cleaning craze
Apparently there is a "green cleaning" craze going on (it's about time). From ABC News: ... If people have the time, there are also inexpensive ways to "eco-clean" your own home. Rangan points out...
8
8

Cleaning indoor grill?
I have a Breville indoor grill, similar to the George Forman grills. This unit does not come apart for cleaning, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to clean without causing a mess and...
1
1

Pink Shirt
Hi A red teeshirt got mixed up in a wash and I now I have a pink shirt (used to be white). Is there anything I can do to make it white again? It's 100% cotton. Would bleaching help? Is there a...
4
4

Laptop Screen
I need to clean my screen on my laptop it has smear marks and finger prints on it, what is the best thing to use so as not to damage it? Thanks in advance.
2
2

Wrinkle Releaser
Isn't that stuff just watered down fabric softener?
1
1

Bath Tub Cleaning Problem
We have one of those Jacuzzi bath tubs that are made out of something like fiberglass, I guess. It's that plastic-looking stuff. Anyway, the bottom surface has a bit of dirty-looking residue, and...
35
35

deodorant aluminium-free - shirtstains?
Hi, Does aluminium-free deodorant/anit-perspirant cause harder-to-remove staining than regular deodoarant? Thanks, M

Stained rug--followup
I bought the Woolite product (it's actually called Oxy Deep). Target also carries the Orange Glo product (Oxi Clean), but not in a spray bottle, it's a powder you have to mix in water. They...
5
5

I am here to learn...
Hello... My name is Billy Miner. I wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I've been following the discussion (lurking) here for a couple weeks. I am a full-time student and a part time...
3
3

Grout
I've got tiles on the floor in the kitchen and both bathrooms and on the wall in the bathroom.. what do I use to clean the grout? I've been out of the house for a long time and now it's...
5
5

Children's Food & Drink Stains on Carpet
When I was googling various sites about an earlier question about carpet spot cleaning, I repeatedly ran across questions about what to do when children spill drinks like fruit juice (and...

Stained rug
7
7

Cleaning Le Creuset from 'carbonizing??????
Hi there, I have a inherited a set of Le Creuset pans, and frying pan. The problem is there is a black substance on the outside of the pans. Like burnt on soot. Le Cresuet have said to use meat...
5
5

Clean Shower
i have been using Clean Shower after taking a shower - using the one labelled "for tile showers". I find that I get choked up from the mist and have trouble breathing for a couple of hours. I never...

Drain cleaning
Many people are not aware how complex drain cleaning can be. as a Master plumber and having completed a 5 year (10,000 hr) and 744 hrs of class room studies I wish my training would have included the...