Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cleaning Astracast Composite Sink
Although composite sink material is completely scratch resistant it can be a bitch to clean. Surface stains can be removed by soaking with biological washing powder in boiling water, but over a period...
1
1

Coronet Fix-o-mat cleaning tools
I am looking for somewhere to purchase Coronet fix-o-mat attachments for my handle. I purchased this handle in Germany with a brush but now need to replace the brush and would also like to pick up a...
1
1

chalk and microfiber
Whack them against something solid, then throw them into the washing machine with a load of clothes?
3
3

Cleaning manky jeans
Hello Tom. I don't know what to say, this group appears to have nobody at home any more. Even the resident troll EZ Peaces has left. If this problem started when you used fabric conditioner then that...
6
6

Absolutely Spotless Mold Removal & House Cleaning
These two companies do a great job with Mold Removal, Mold Remediation, Mold Testing, Mold Inspection, Mold Abatement, Mold Cleanup, Window Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning, Power Washing, Air Duct Cleaning,...
1
1

Mold Remediation Services
American Mold Experts, a mold removal company, provides quality inspection, testing and mold cleaning solutions for various types of mold in your home or business serving Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and...

Bath tub re-glazing
We need to have our 80 year old bath tub re-glazed. Any recommendations or thoughts on the matter? Thanks in advance. NZ
1
1

Miss Manners column on discussing chore division
Lovely response by MM, as one would expect. (Bottom line: It's better to start off by talking about what you're able and willing to do - and, if possible, with an attitude of good will, not...
4
4

Hard to Clean Carpet Technique
Hi, I have a light tan carpet that is hard to clean using the usual carpet cleaning method in an area with a lot of traffic. Do you know a special technique that may help? Thank You in Advance, John...

Borax -vs- Sodium Percarbonate?
If you're looking for a laundry powder additive with antifungal and antibacterial properties, how does Borax (sodium borate decahydrate) compare to products containing sodium percarbonate?
15
15

Fabric softener?
I've read all sorts of advice and tips regarding "DIY fabric softener" - vinegar, bicarb soda, borax, lemon essence, just to name a few. From all the different things I've read, I have no idea what...
11
11

Green carpet and Upholstery cleaning
------------------------------------- Allergan-X is the Twin Cities leading Green Carpet and Upholstery cleaning service for residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning. Allergan-X takes...

How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??
I live in North Florida. There is a yellow jacket bee hive in a big clump of pampass grass (sawgrass), that I can't get rid of. I have used the long-shot Black Flag sprays, using a total of (3 ) 18 oz...
61
61

Leaking Parker ball pen
I thought Parker ball pens were not supposed to leak, mine has even though it's not been stored upside down. It's very sticky inside. Is there any good way to clean it out? Thanks for advice.
26
26

Too much bluing - yikes
Wow, I over did it with the bluing. How do I get my blouses back to white? They are now a lovely blue. I have bleached them already. What else can I try? My husband says if all else fails, he will use...
1
1