Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tea Spots on Carpet - Mixed with Colorox Bleach
Hi, I had some tea spots (little brown spot of size 2 by 12 inches) on my carpet (Tan Color) . I was trying to remove them with Carpet Cleaner/Spot Remover but they wer still there. Today I tried to...
7
7

20 years of grime on tile & grout
I moved recently, and the bathtub and surround tile (glossy 4.25" square tiles) had at least 20 years of grime on them. I tried every normal bathroom cleaner I could find, and nothing even made a...
4
4

steak sauce
i spilled some steak sauce on the fabric of a chair, and it left a stain. anyone know how to remove it?
2
2

Getting rid of Ugly winter residues
Getting rid of Ugly winter residues When temperatures rise, snow and ice disappears, and a building maintenance person's thoughts turn to...those horrible residue stains. Ice Melt products are...

Getting rid of Ugly winter residues
Getting rid of Ugly winter residues When temperatures rise, snow and ice disappears, and a building maintenance person's thoughts turn to...those horrible residue stains. Ice Melt products are...

Leather Furniture Owners Survey
We would like information from leather furniture purchasers.. 1.) Were you adviced how to take care of your leather 2.) Has your leather lived up to expectation. 3.) How often do you have your Leather...
1
1

Soapy Laundry
When I wash colored clothes like sweat pants, sweat shirts, etc. they come out with a soapy film on them. I'm using warm water and have tried using less detergent with no results. After the...
9
9

Hardwood Floor Cleaning
I'm hoping one of you may have an answer for me. I have hardwood floors in my great room and kitchen. In the past, I've always just used white vinegar and water and have been immensely...
8
8

How to get oil stain off plaster wall?
I got some oil stains on a plaster wall and it does not want to come out. I put water on it right away and did no good. I have rubbed ammonia on it and also no good. Any suggestions? The wall is white...
2
2

In The News freecycle Being Sued!
Hi folks, As you probably remember, The Freecycle Network (TFN) took issue with Sunnyvale's great freecycling group. Below are some consequences that TFN now faces. FreecycleSunnyvale continues to...
1
1

Moths in Pantry
I have been having trouble with moths in the pantry, I have sprayed and cleaned out the pantry, but they keep coming back in large numbers. I would like to know if anyone has had a similar problem and...
12
12

cleaning up after bad tenant
I recently had to get rid of a tenant who I suspect was breeding pit bulls. I inherited him when i bought the building. Two rooms were full of evidence of dog feces and urine. After I remove the...
6
6

Cleaning Anodized Aluminuim
I probably should have taken better of my pots and pans but after a while they get burned on stains on the bottom. It there an easy way to clean anodized aluminum?
1
1

Question: Sponges without "anti-bacterial" chemicals?
Can anyone give me a name or mail order source for this. The kind they have at the health food store are too hard.
1
1

Laundering sweatshirt
One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his sweatshirt. Seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, "What setting do I use on the washing machine?" "It depends,"...
8
8