Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cleaning Wood Cabinets?
My kitchen cabinets are made of dark pine. I have used a mixture of 1/2 mineral spirits,and 1/2 linseed oil to clean and polish them. This works fine,except for the smell. I have to have doors and...
1
1

New Gain Laundry detergents
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone has tried the new Gain Laundry detergents... Joyful Expressions. If so, do you like them? They seem to be pretty popular in this area.
1
1

washing machine
How can i stop a washing machine from moving when vibrating
2
2

Cleaning Mattress and Couch
My dog has peed on both of them. She's a little dog... but I don't smell it until you lay on it and the smell waifs up so I guess I didn't notice when she did it? Any suggestions for...
1
1

Darkening vinyl miniblinds
I am light sensitive, so wake up too early, because I hung white mini-blinds. Sleep masks are uncomfortable. Am considering the below options, weighing aesthetics and finances. 1. Put up curtain rod...
3
3

Vinyl tile question
I was just reading the vinyl cleaning post hoping it would cover my question. We have a vinyl tile floor in the kitchen and bath, and I've never had this kind of flooring before. I have been...
5
5

Pioneer Eclipse Propane Laser X 21" Super Buffer
Pioneer Eclipse Propane Laser X 21" Super Buffer on eBay item number 150001747747 no reserve $1.00 Jim

An Easy Way to Move a Large Appliance So You Can Clean Behind
If you need to move a refrigerator, washing machine, piano or other large item across a smooth floor, pour a little dishwashing liquid on the floor first. The large appliance will slide smoothly, then...

Deep stains on wood tables
Just got back from long trip, and found that friend who was watering indoor plants had allowed water to seep onto beautiful wooden (alder) coffee table, and into inlaid end table (not sure what wood)....
1
1

Cleaning Vinyl
My vinyl floor (new house) has a thin layer of grit in the heavily trafficed areas making parts of the floor look darker than the rest. I can scrape it off with a scraper, but it doesn't seem to...
2
2

Al pot
Thanks. I've been thinking about getting cast iron pots/pans anyway.
5
5

Green-cleaning website
Consumer Reports Greener choices, for your perusal... Vegan Tips & Buyer's Guides

ANNOUNCE: Finding Local Home Service Pros Easier Than Ever
Top Service Pros, Inc. announces a nationwide home improvement web site with a local flair. A visit to cuts through the fluff and gives you the ability to find detailed information about local home...

down pillows - how to wash?
Sorry .. didn't mean to offend anyone. A co-worker came up with that term, and we all knew just what she meant. It's actually the smell of unwashed hair and will permeate pillows. I'm sure...
13
13

Cleaning nicotine off car windows
Smoke is very difficult to remove. It sticks to all surfaces, including glass, cloth, hair, wood, plastics, lung tissue, etc. Household ammonia is probably the best glass cleaner, but with smoke a...
4
4