Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Haley's tip - Washing Soda
You can get it at Ace Hardware. Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soap. comes in a 3lb box. If they don't have it in stock, they can order it or you can order it from Shop Ace Hardware for grills,...
1
1

alternative English
I have a supply of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene, suitable for making washboards. I'd like to sell it through ebay in the uk, where I understand most people use washboards. What do they call...
14
14

cleaning a lamp shade
Get it dry-cleaned? Steam cleaned? You don't need to unplug a lamp shade. This one is. An alternative place to post this question ( is quite active.
2
2

Best way to clean blinds
This is a test reply, please disregard it! [IMG] contains a test picture, disregard that, too!
9
9

Best product for cleaning outdoor seating cushions ?
What is the best product to use for cleaning outdoor seating cushions (patio and deck furniture)? I have used 409 and it helps some, but doesn't get them real clean, even after a good scrubbing....
1
1

OT: Framing Momento Question
My wife and I have a hiking trail map which was printed on glossy paper. We are going to have it framed, to preserve our mountain hiking pursuits, and we want it to last. We have typed up our own map...
5
5

Anybody have a BLACK SMOOTH TOP STOVE???? QUESTIONS ABOUT IT
Were looking at a Whrillpool smooth stove. Wife has been reading that is scratches up and shows dirt real bad.. I need a ruleing on this.. Tell me about it. Dave Tennessee
5
5

Sears Front wheel Drive Lawn Mower- Wheels Froze Up
I have a Sears front wheel drive lawn mower, 21 inch 6.75HP, model # 917376551, that is about 6 years old. Today while mowing, when I engaged the front wheels by squeezing the lever on the handle, I...
1
1

HEPA filtered Miele or ShopVac? (2023 Update)
I just moved from an apartment complex where the stipple ceiling plaster contained 1.5% asbestos. The apartment management was not very fastidious about proper cleaning procedures when the plaster was...
1
1

Formica: is there a polishing agent?
Mine is looking dull. The bathroom vanity is especially bad. Former owner must' ve sliced onions on it. Lots of tiny scratches and the shine is absent. TIA
1
1

dishwasher not cleaning--how do I know if need new dishwasher?
we have a 15 year old Kitchenaid dishwasher. Lately it has not removed all of the food deposits on dishes & silverware. we have set to maximum water heat. living in Calif. we no longer use dishwasher...
2
2

hard to clean plastic Shower Floors
I have a 10 year old house, with 2 showers, and I'm having a hard time cleaning the floors. It's some sort of space age plastic [that stains easily]. It seems like I've tried everything, including a...
1
1

Article: The New Dirt on Dry Cleaners
LIFE & CULTURE JULY 28, 2011 The New Dirt on Dry Cleaners Why Vinaigrette Is Tricky, Buttons Fall Off and Other Mysteries Behind the Counter drop your most cherished clothes at the dry cleaner, and...

How to Remove Odor from a Dry Clean Only Item (2023 Update)
A few years ago, I bought a men's suit from a thrift shop, The suit fit me perfectly, but I noticed body odor (most likely, and maybe some smoking odor) in the armpits. I had it dry cleaned at two...
1
1

How to Get Rid of Silverfish: Tips and Tricks (2023 Update)
Does anyone know how to get rid of silverfish? We see about 3/week. Please help. Thanks.
1
1