Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Good sponge mop
After buying and returning several sponge mops from homeowner stores and Smart & Final, etc. because they just did not do the job, I have struck pay dirt. At a professional cleaning supply house, I...
2
2

Musty Laundry Problems-Thank You
Thank you all for the advice. My friend tried the vinegar in the laundry and it worked just fine. I passed on all other words of wisdom for ending the smelly laundry. Thank you again, D~

Hoover Quadraflex Powermatic manual info
Hello, I have an old Hoover Spirit canister vacuum cleaner. The beater bar power attachment called the Quadraflex Powermatic caught some carpet and popped a belt or something. Popped a belt is my best...
2
2

GUY NEEDS CLEANING ADVICE: What's the best way to clean laminate floors?
Hello, I've recently installed Laminate Flooring, and want to know the best way to clean my floors without damaging them. I was thinking of just using a regular mop and water, but have heard that...
1
1

OT: Anti-Perspirant stains on cotton Polo shirts - how to clean
A bit OT but thought a few of the regulars here would have some good suggestions. I have a number of Polo shirts I use for work. They are in fine shape except for the Anti-Antiperspirant stains in the...

Dryer balls- Anyone tried them?
We just bought ourselves some dryer balls. supposed to make your tumble dryer dry more efficiently, and also remove static electricity. In fact we've got a washer dryer, which we put on at night...
5
5

I'm Sick Of Trying To Clean Myself
my house is a mess. fighting the beast has become a mute point. it's too much for me to handle now -- it's time to get the pros involved...so i'm entering this contest on i found to have...
2
2

Making 'clean' floors *feel* clean?
I'm wondering... I swept and vacuumed the floors earlier today - it's just basic, boring lino. I then mopped the floors. After the floors dried, they still felt kind of funny. They looked and...
3
3

Help with laundry detergent in carpet
In one of my more boneheaded moves of the year, I left a nearly full 96-load jug of liquid laundry detergent on top of our front-loading washer during its cycle and came home to find a completely...
5
5

Musty Laundry Problem
Hello all My friend is having a problem with her laundry smelling musty even though she says does not let the laundry sit in the washer after it is done with the cycle. I had this problem a long time...
5
5

Home steam cleaner
I just bought a Shark steam cleaner, which purports to clean hard surfaces and upholstery without chemicals. Any experience out there? Worth keeping it? Thanks Aspasia

carpet stain caused by cat worming paste
One of the kids applied worming paste to the cat's front paw and of course some of it got onto the carpet (didn't read the instructions and warnings); what is the best solution to remove the...

Baking soda: Similar effect in my closet as in my fridge?
Hello, I recently moved into a new apartment, and the closet in my bedroom wreaks like something horrible. It's definitely not something dead (like a mouse), but more likely some derivative of...
2
2

Cleaning Floor Tiles
I have finally got around to cleaning my 1930s floor tiles in my hallway, not sure what they are made from but they are an original feature and are porous. They look great, the ground in dirt and...
2
2

Is Chicago water hard or soft?
Please help! I am no tech genius and need to buy a shower-head. When I went to Consumer Reports, it ranks them according to whether the water is hard or soft. So, is Chicago water hard or soft?...
42
42