Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

bleach and bleach substitute
I still figure that bleach substitute is not nearly as good as bleach when white clothes are involved, and I should use bleach with really dirty white clothes, or stuff that didn't come clean with...
2
2

What is a lint-free cloth
What is a lint-free cloth, and where can I get one? I have loads of pieces of cloth, and loads of scraps, and loads of rags. I especially save a piece of cloth if I haven't got one like it. But I...
9
9

Musty smell, only in drawers in the basement dresser
How dould I get the musty smell out of two dresser drawers in the basement laundry room, and how do I put textile bags back in the second drawer without them starting to smell again? And could I do...
2
2

Dishwashing tablets
1) Why is it that the insturctions for dishwashing tablets, all 3 brands that I checked, say to put the tablet in the "main dispenser"? And which is the "main dispenser"? They are the same size. How...
32
32

Using bleach????
I have some cutlery that has white handles. Problem is, is that the white is easily stained. Can I soak them in bleach to whiten them again? Is it safe? Won't die using them? Thanks.
7
7

serious ring around the collar
Anyone have a good idea on how to get out serious ring around the collar? Nothing I have tried has been completely successful. Thank you Dave
1
1

Where to buy Parts for a Euro Pro 93 steam cleaner
I would like to buy a floor bruch and some nylon detail brushes for the unit. I have'nt any luck with Euro Pro any one have a source? thanks. Mango
1
1

plastic scrubbers
This seems like a stupid question, but it's important to me. For the last couple years, I have been casually looking for the plastic scrubbers that I have used for decades when washing dishes. I...
11
11

Regular cleaning pays off
is our favorite subject. We have more formulas and concoctions in our home-maintenance bag of tricks than an M&Ms bag has candies. But more important than the formulas is how and when you clean....

Recs for floor washing?
We have a concrete floor in our loft and it seems it's never been truly clean, even after a good scrub and several rinses. The surface is quite large so I can't be on my knees scrubbing this...
3
3

Why is dust gray?
Just wondering if anyone knows.
12
12

New Stay at home Dad -AKA- Domestic God - needs helpful suggestions on managing a home.
Hello, I'm a new Mr. Mom and finding it difficult to go from being in charge of several dozen people to being in charge of just a home with no one to boss around. The biggest problem is clothes....
12
12

Screen cleaner.
Hi all, I have just got a new flat screen LCD tele and would like to know what is the best method of cleaning it and my computer screen.
2
2

USMC Holiday Relief - Please Read
Dear Friend, As you know, my Son is a Marine deployed overseas and is still recovering from his injuries in May. We spoke today and he and many others in his unit are not able to come home for the...
1
1

Getting color bubble jet ink out of carpets
Does anyone know how to get bubble jet ink out of carpeting, especially red ink? From a Canon BJ610 iirc. I was carrying the printer, which didn't print as if it had no ink, at an angle, and ink...