Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tea stains on interior painted wall
My guess is that you *will* need to repaint. If it is a matte finish instead of gloss, you may be able to get away with repainting just that section. However, I think you will need to take precautions...
2
2

Feedback on Monster Baby SC20?
I see that Wal-Mart is carrying the Monster Baby SC20 hand held steamer/cleaner, but I'm unable to find any reviews or feedback on the web. Anyone know anything about this product in terms of...

Looking for a townhouse or renting out yours?
Is your house for sale? Or is it for rent? Or perhaps you're looking for a townhouse to buy? There's no reason to look away at OzfreeOnline you will enjoy your private listings service to list...

Morning Stuff...
And half the afternoon now that I look at the clock... -- Coffee/email/newsgroups -- Water break -- Vitamins (I have to have this on the list to cross off or I forget to do it!) -- Hit the market,...

Urine stain
A small family member left a urine stain on one of our dining room chairs, which was not discovered until it had thoroughly dried. The chair seat is covered in a cream-colored upholstery. Would anyone...
2
2

Name of white powdery cleaner for fabric?
My mother is in a nursing home, and her roommate showed me something that looks like a small grease stain on one of her skirts. She doesn't know what it is but wants to remove it. I recommended...
5
5

Nubuck shoes
Is there a product I can use to clean light-colored Nubuck shoes? Just brushing them with a suede brush doesn't work. Thanks Eva

Cleaning old linoleum floor
Thanks for info. Weather is getting nicer here - Detroit- so might open window/door & put cat in basement and try this method.
3
3

help - linen tablecloth w/ tomato stain
I didn't notice the stain til after I had washed the cloth in warm water wtih my regular Purex deterge. I applied Nature's Miracle, but still a light pink spot. I have bought Zout per a rec,...
3
3

Upholstery Cleaning Question
I am thinking about buying a new recliner and it is upholstered with Microfiber....a polyester fabric. This is something new to me. Feels like soft suede and sort of looks like it. Does anyone have...

[SOLVED] Oil stains off garage floor
I have some fresh oil stains on my garage floor... what's the best way to remove them?
1
1

Good, Small Vac For Edges, Computer Table?
Hi, Our upright vac falls short when it comes to getting close to baseboards and now it won't go into the attachment setting. A small handheld or canister would be nice. Can someone recommend one?...
2
2

clogged dishwasher arms
There are mineral deposits in my dishwasher water dispensing arms. I've poked out the holes, but fear there is still a lot of deposit inside the arms. Is there a product that will dissolve the...
4
4

Those blue dryer balls with the spikes were too fragile to last even for one usage
I bought those blue rubber dryer balls (Dryer Max) with the spikes and they both ripped the first time I put them in the dryer. There's at least one rather long tear along each of them.
3
3

Wet/dry vacuum
A few too many years on the old bones, and getting down to scrub a floor on my hands and knees is out of the question. I'm interested in one of these duo vacuums: vacuum the crud up first, then...