Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Vertical Farming.
Stanley, Idaho. Stanley, North Dakota. A pattern is being established. It was a unique circumstance a long time ago.
28
28

Archeomatica, Cultural Heritage Technologies. Call for papers
Archeomatica, Cultural Heritage Technologies Issues 3-4 / 2010 CALL FOR PAPERS Archeomatica is a new, multidisciplinary journal, printed in Italy, devoted to the presentation and the dissemination of...

Window Treatment vs. Blinds
I am looking to either do window treatments, curtains and valances, or wooden blinds on all the windows in my house. My 2 considerations are if either one actually cuts down the electricity bill and...
2
2

[Ann?] Draftsight
Draftsight (beta) - free 2D CAD package (with registration) I have tried this and imho it looks like being to best free alternative to Autode$k. Command entries are the same. No LISP but other scripts...
1
1

Ping Don
http://ehsclassof68.com/images/cartoon_more_than_sheep_c.jpg

On Friday night, architect interviewed on Charlie Rose
The home for all Charlie Rose program information and video archive; plus biographical information only at CharlieRose.com

Re: A school jail combined.
The smart ones quit the public school system as soon as they turn 16 and get a GED and get on with their lives rather than wasting away til graduation day....
11
11

wooden doors
Hey everybody do u know which company produces the best wooden repairing my house now and want to make it more modern and beautiful. Can anybody give a piece of advice? maybe smb faced this problem?...
5
5

All-Natural PAHS? (Passive Annual Heat Storage system [seasonal thermal store])
Several things: Cold flows to hot, don't forget that, it's important. The easiest way to achieve what you're talking about is to change the way you think about comfort. Until about 1970 hardly anybody...
13
13

Garbage Warrior
"I went to architectural school in the University of Cincinnati and I began right then to think that architecture was worthless... I was twisting the law to get sustainable housing out there..." ......
16
16

Eero Saarinen Grave Cemetery
Does anyone know where Mr. EeroSaarinen is/was interred? Thank you, TomC
1
1

Re: ww3 architecture.
With a half life of 4500 years all over everything they would become the worlds largest prison and graveyard. Login required - hist311.wmwikis.net
2
2

Re: Ping Don: Homemade table saws.
Looks good. Seriously. Now all you need is a Toshiba 4S. (Not seriously. ;P) Table Saws | condynair | Flickr
1
1

WHAT TO CHARGE TO DESIGN FIRE ALARM SYSTEM
Hello! Can anyone tell me what designers charge for doing =93Life Safety=94 CAD drawings I have been offered the opportunity to bid on doing some installation drawings for an addressable fire alarm...
52
52

Trailerable housing
This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house solutions. could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home home with you when you left! R
12
12