Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Plug your ride into the wall, right now!
"Don" wrote in news: Interesting widget, but the comments... THe commentor writes: "This system doesn't have regenerative braking, thus one is simply "trading the cost of gasoline for electricity....

Re: How much does an elevator cost?
How much does a hammer cost? And if it's for the Navy and they need it non-sparking? Your comment is similar. The transit elevators are a small subset with peculiar issues. The whole situation is...
1
1

"...Harmony of old and new, detail design, choice of materials and overall craftsmanship."
Any reaction to that criteria for selecting an inspiring building?: NOMINATIONS are needed for a prestigious annual awards scheme celebrating WorcesterÂ’s most inspirational building projects.
1
1

House Hunters
Occasionally I will watch the shows on HGTV. I just don't understand, why the prices seem so far out of reality...they redid an entire basement, extended a living room on the ground floor and made...
26
26

Re: "The best architecture makes you scrap your previous assumptions about a building type."
"Don" wrote in news: Well, I didn't read the article, but in looking at the subject line: "The best architecture makes you scrap your previous assumptions about a building type", and then the...

FA Homes by the Million Sir Hugh Casson vintage 1946
Homes by the Million,An Account of the housing methods of the USA 1940 - 1945 by Hugh Casson ARIBA,VGC, landscape format 46 pages. Excellent examination of post war housing in the US,including much...

Wood Siding Profile
I'm looking for a description of 'dutch lap' siding. I've found a description on line that specifies dutch lap as laying up shingles or slates lapping those below and also those to one...
3
3

Interesting International Project on Acoustics in Architecture
NEW APPROACH TO AN ANCIENT SUBJECT : CAHRISMA PROJECT Zerhan Karabiber Y=C4=B1ld=C4=B1z Technical University, Faculty of Architecture, 80750, Be= siktas,=20 Istanbul, Turkey e-mail: Abstract (rest of...

Starchitect
When Eero Saarinen, the architect who designed both Dulles International Airport and the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, described the state of his profession in 1959, it sounded a lot like our own...
23
23

OT O.T. Solar "tech-head" question
Hi, All, I don't know where to ask this; also tried Google but dunno how to phrase the Q. so as to get fewer than 50,000+ hits... What i'm wondering is wherer tehre is a...
11
11

Thought there may be those who would like a walk thru
http://vodpod.com/watch/3249-falling-water-hl2?pod=architecture
41
41

Architecture summer "camp"?
Hello all, My daughter (junior in HS) wants to be an architect---or thinks she does.... There are several universities that offer brief summer programs in architecture for high school students. Anyone...
13
13

Re: Corn prices
Hmmmm, indeed. It seems Farmer McFudget slept through his Agricultural Economics class. R
11
11

Value Added Natural Stones From India
Granite, Marble, Sandstone, Quartzite, Limestone, Slates get enhanced look by Value additions like Flaming, Antique Polishing, Bullnosing, SandBlasting, Honing, Tumbling, Callibrating etc. Contact:...

Auto-Clinic Ideal Design?!
Hi everyone, Can someone refer me please to where can I find online information about auto-clinic ideal location and design (interior, exterior)? Thanks, Mike
10
10