Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Efficient home article.
battery and solar cell technology improve, rechargeable homes become more practical. Ken http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/la-fi-energy-homes-20120923 Builders aim for super-energy-efficient...

"Marxism is like a classical building that followed the Renaissance; beautiful in its way, but incapable of growth." (Harold MacMillan)
Architecturally speaking, does MacMillan know what he is talking about?

Tiny homes.
are currently testing a 20x20 guest house, wife likes it (can't talk her into bigger) and I have sufficient office space, form the 2000 sq. ft. we had in the old house. At the same time (self built)...

Architecture in Zagreb, Republic of Croatia is not great!
City built without spirit. Zagreb from older times looks very representive by common standards at that time. Suburbs of Zagreb, Kusto¹ija and Èrnomerec looks very miserable by european standards....

Per Corel
Remember that dood? Couldn't help but remember him when I saw this: 's in the Netherlands so maybe he's invloved. http://www.design42day.com/2012/07/my-green-world/

Romania's National Library - photo story
Biblioteca Nationala a Romaniei, the National Library of Romania, reopened in April 2012 after languishing for more than 20 years in a nearly finished state. Enjoy a great photo story:

"Formative" "Retro" Small-Scale Ocean Transport
Hoyle Hodges founded the new Olympia Schooner Company in the Puget Sound. This year it has instituted delivery of fresh produce as part of a business plan to at least break even with sailing cargo and...

Fire at South Street Seaport in NYC
That's going to leave a mark! The article quotes some guy as saying the pier was tough to get at as it is "thick, old wood". Kinda, sorta, but no. I was one of the assistant project managers for the...
5
5

Constructing Earthquake-Proof Buildings
Gwan, play arown with it........ Your Daily Learning Platform that offers high-quality content, useful teaching and assessment tools, and professional learning.

Square Footage
has anyone ever found out how large square footage houses are used? Reading Time: 5 minutesEveryone has their dream home but because the expense often outweighs the reality, we work with what we have...
16
16

UK architecture award for rebuilt art gallery
Auckland Art Gallery has won an international award never before given to a New Zealand building. The gallery was awarded the International Award for Architectural Excellence from The Royal Institute...

KunstlerCast: León Krier
» KunstlerCast #207: Leon Krier @ CNU 20 The KunstlerCast
25
25

Apply Now: India Immersion / Study Tour for Architects, Planners..
By way of introduction , I am a consultant with The Urban Vision ( see com) I am writing to invite you to apply to our India Immersion Program / Study Tour. The week-long study tour to Mumbai is aimed...

CHRIS KARIDIS
We are having a celebration of IIT Professor of Architecture CHRIS KARIDIS' retirement and new adventures June 2nd. go to Salute to Chris and Marge Karidis Come join us to salute a great soul and a...

Secret treehouse.
interesting comments, it's built on 'crown' land. Ken A 31-year-old B.C. man's dream home has gone viral, garnering worldwide attention after it was featured in a major design magazine. There's just...