Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A new way to build homes: The concrete-jet printer.
http://muvy.org/new.php
8
8

Re: Design: Pedestrians, bikes, etc.
I guess that explains why so many strip malls are laid out to make walking unlikely. And people laugh at me when I say we need to stop building in such a way that we force additional gas consumption....
36
36

Could you recommend some good books of architecture
Hi, guys, I am a computer programmer for a design company. And some work is related to the architecture domain. Another point is I am also interested on the architecture. Every time when I see the...
3
3

2d drawings convert into 3d modeling & rendering
my self vashishth suthar i am doing architecture job works i have very much intrest in convert 2d drawings in to 3d modeling & rendering

Re: OT: Thinking about design -- flag poles
I think car dealerships with giant flags have been doing that for years.
1
1

OT (I think): Photo essay on What The World Eats
Pretty amazing photo essay. I really wish there were high resolution pictures so you could zoom in on the specific foods. http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1626519_1373664,00.html
14
14

Re: Thinking about design
My first guess is that it is an Italian design. I once owned a Fiat X/19 mid engine sports car. It was extremely hard to get to anything to repair or adjust. That was my lesson on why nobody should...

Re: OT: Thinking about design
Hey Ken. Did you ever look at sailboat's for design inspiration for your house? They're really clever about packing in storage and keeping things stowed away. You should also look at the old...
23
23

Form Follows Function (cough) FUNGUS
I promised an article on this subject last year but cannot recall having delivered same. Anyway here it is for your enjoyment. http://www.fungitecture.com/formfollowsfungus.html

JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Our International AE Client is looking for an Electrical Engineering Designer and an HVAC Engineering Designer, both in San Francisco location. Same client is expanding rapidly, projects in Dubai and...
1
1

birds nest stadium - what's "unwrapped steel"?
There's lots of references to the new stadium in China hosting the 2008 Olympic (BirdsNest) saying it was made from X miles of "unwrapped steel". Anyone want to describe what unwrapped steel...
5
5

Pouring Concrete in Highrises
When concrete is poured into the rebar molds and dries(?), what happens to the next batch of concrete the next day on top of the previous concrete-- specifically at the juncture between the two? Is...
3
3

Re: Lead Paint Regs
Everyone has a story about some relative about how they drank a quart of booze a day/smoked 5 packs/cleaned their hands with solvent every day/turned brown from the sun from working on a tuna...
19
19

Drafting Services

Book (general reading) Recommendation Question
Are these good books for Very Interested Non-Professionals? Green Building and REmodeling for Dummies (( )) Get Your House Right: Architectural Elements to Use & Avoid (( )) Green Building A to Z:...
3
3