Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Mudhif House
Apparently, they are entirely built out of reeds and nothing else. No windows. There may be reed houses of different styles to be found elsewhere as well, such as in Peru, at Lake Titicaca.

Should I replace casement windows with double hung
The interior of my wood casement windows get wet when it rains. I am thinking of replacing them with double hung. I am afraid it will change the look of my 20 year old house or could effect...
2
2

BUILDING BETTER: Certificate Course for Sustainable Building Practices and Policies
Centre for Science and Environment?s Sustainable Buildings Programme is o rganizing 5 day training on Green buildings. The programme aims to enable p articipants to adopt a common sense approach to...

Thailand Dome Home
Kinda neat, built similar to an Igloo. No rules, cheap prices, just do it. http://www.steveareen.com/domehomecreation/index.html
3
3

light transmitting concrete = thermal mass?
Hi, All, Does light transmitting concrete still act as a thermal mass, or does the included glass nix that property...? TIA! - Kris K. Here are images: &bih=968
10
10

Question re: floorplans - passivhaus/sustainable building
Heelo there! We've been wanting to downsize out home. I'm intrested in the "passivhaus" and green/sustainable/*highly-insulated* ideas, and what I'm wondering is this: Beyond the fact bump-outs and...
3
3

Per's Dream?
Or Pierre's nightmare? Hmmm, Per, Pierre.....one and the same?
18
18

kitchen remodel
We need to replace our laminate counter tops. What are the pros and cons of granite, silestone and quartz? Thank you.
12
12

Web-based / In-browser 3D modelling.
I was wondering if anyone has done any 3D modelling in any of the newer in browser web apps like 3dTin. I was just curious about what is possible, and which program you're utilizing. Do you guys think...

mural artist
Experienced Mural Artist, hand painting kids murals and modern wall murals. Mural painter Joanna Perry covers the whole of the UK painting murals for all styles and budgets, living in visit us at

Shortcut/No Shortcut Charlottetown, PEI :)
8
8

Solar Decathlon Spotlight: PRISPA House from Romania
House was one of only two Eastern European entries to Solar Decathlon Europe 2012, and it was the first such innovative project from Romania....

Urbanism & Architecture Study Tour to India
The week-long study tour to Mumbai organized by The Urban Vision is aimed a= t a select and diverse group of senior architects, urbanism practitioners, = and senior real estate and infrastructure...

Home Inspector and State Hazards
"The range of hazards faced by home inspectors in the course of examining b= uildings is considerable. It includes obvious catastrophes such as falling = off of a roof or electrocution, and less...
10
10

The Affordable Stainless-Steel Roofing System
It's an Affordable Stainless-Steel Roofing System: KBH Applications
1
1