Wiring a 220 Volt Wire to a Old Type Fuse Box

I am installing a new electric hot water heater in a house that was built in 1936. It has a conventional fuse panel, NOT a circuit breaker. I have run a 10 gauge wire directly from the new hot water heater via a 220 V receptacle to the fuse box. I wired it exactly as the 220 V stove is wired, connecting both of the shielded wires to the positive 220 V post, and the unshielded copper ground to the proper ground. Please advise me as to whether this appears to be correct. Thank you. [IMG]

Anonymous