What happens if the sump pump fails AND the water backup pump fails when the sump pit is sealed?

jawdoc's Avatar (by Gravatar) by jawdoc in  Plumbing

I was wondering since I have a sump pump pit that fills up with calcified stuff all the time and clogs up my sump pump making the trip arm attached to the floater stick and not work - have to constantly chip the stuff off - I DO have a back up water pump just in case. But what happens if BOTH fail in a sealed pit? Does water start coming out of the walls? Thanks!

blog comments powered by Disqus