three Romex sets in ceiling box (2023 Update)

I have single light switch, three romex in ceiling box, TWO LED panel lights are running out of ceiling box. I want to add TWO more LED drop in panels. I need to know HOW to add these. Breaker Box turns off electrical outlet, stairs, BOTH LED lights, AND additional lights in other basement room. HELP PLEASE!

Reply to
Bill H.

It seems that you want to add two more LED drop in panels to the ceiling box that currently has three Romex sets and powers two LED panel lights. Before proceeding, it is important to make sure that the circuit can safely handle the additional load of the two new lights. Fortunately LED are not a huge draw, so you're most likely good there.

To properly add the two more LED drop in panels, you need to connect the right black wire with the two on the left. Disconnect the white wires and code tape black the white wire coming back from the switch. Connect that white wire to the black wire on the fixture and the other wire (white) from the fixture to the white wire coming from the breaker box.

It is recommended to consult an electrician if you are not comfortable with handling electrical wiring.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor