oil heater air fuel ratio question

On my oil heater adjusting the air band and shutter I see the flame getting larger and larger as i decrease the air. Set to the smallest air intake the flame is the largest. I never see smoke.

I did a complete tune up last season and noticed this condition, then and again this season.

plz look at these videos of my flame and comment:

and

these are both at the same A/F ratio.

Your thoughts?

thanks, paul [IMG]