My downstairs is hardwood, we would like to do the 2nd floor in hardwood but different than the first floor.

Which hardwood goes on stairs?

Reply to
Anonymous

Commonly, the stairs match the 1st floor, since you can't see any of the 2nd from there. However, if you want to address views from both floors...mostly. Then, the risers would match the 1st floor and the treads would match the 2nd floor. The first 4 or 5 stair treads from the 1st floor will be apparent, but most people find it attractive and ingenious. Yes, the noses of all treads from the 1st floor will be observable, but that's usually not noticed by visitors.

Reply to
Anonymous