my carrier infinity 86 says replace or clean filter, I have replaced the filter, what else should I do

The error message on my thermostat says clean or replace filter. I replace the filter and reset the thermostat but it came back. What should I do?

Reply to
bruce

Push the filter reset button on the thermostat. It will come back on in 30 days

Reply to
Anonymous