Lennox LMDV 4035 CMN bypasses pilot when trying to light.

I have a Lennox Model # LMDV 4035CMN. When I try ti light the pilot, the gas goes straight to the burners. Ive had a company out to look at it and they said the only thing they could do is replace it at around $500. There must be a fix. Can anyone help me out with this. Thanks a million.

Todd

Reply to
Anonymous

That model number (last three letters are CNM instead of CMN) is for a milivolt system in which you have to manually light the pilot burner. First, there is no way gas can get to the main burner without the pilot being lit unless the gas valve is stuck in the open position. If that were the case you would have raw gas going to the burner anytime the main valve in the gas line is turned on. The only fix for that case is a new gas valve. Turn the power off to the unit and turn gas valve knob to the off position, then turn the gas valve on the incoming gas line to the on postion and see if you have raw gas going to the burner, if you do then the gas valve is stuck and will have to be replaced. . Let me know the outcome of this check and we will go from there. Also, will the pilot burner light?

Reply to
stanhvac1