LA110 John Deere Lawn Tractor - Engine Binding Up While Trying to Start

Cvette73's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Cvette73 in  Tools and Equipment

My LA110 John Deere Lawn Tractor with a 19.5 hp Briggs and Stratton motor is having trouble strarting.
The engine will crank about 3/4 of turn then seems to bind up.
If I manually help the motor turn past the bind point it will spin normally for another 3/4 turn.
The electrical starting system (battery, cables, etc.) are all fine.
It acts like there is too much engine compression to start. Any ideas?

blog comments powered by Disqus