Jenn-Air Fridge Water Dispenser Has Delay Start (2023 Update)

*Fridge Model:* Jenn-Air model #JFFCC72EFP.

*Summary of Issue:* We got the fridge in December 2018. Almost immediately, we started to experience the issue - when the water dispenser lever is pressed, there is a significant delay before water is actually dispensed (initially it was about 3-4 seconds, and over time it climbed to well over a minute before we gave up). After 3 service calls in 2 months to no avail, we exchanged the fridge for a replacement (same model). We've had the 2nd fridge for about 2 months now, and it's experiencing the same issue which is gradually getting worse. It's worth noting that a co-worker has the same fridge, and never experienced any issue. This makes me think it may have something to do with our set-up, rather than the fridge itself.

*Relevant observations:*

-If we "untwist" the water filter, and then twist it back in, the water dispenses immediately upon request (and then the delay gradually builds up again over time). It is quite difficult to "untwist" after a period of water dispensing (whereas it's quite easy to "untwist" right after putting the filter in), so it makes me think this has something to do with a pressure build-up. Because the "untwist" trick prompts the immediate dispensing of water, I don't think there is a freeze issue with the water line (also, if it matters, the temperature of the water when dispensed is chilled, but not super cold).

-When the filter is removed, no issue with dispensing.

-The longer the time between uses (e.g., overnight), the longer the delay.

-There is no kink in the water line. The water line itself is about 6 ft.

-We've tried adjust the water outlet valve to varying levels of water pressure - this doesn't seem to have much effect, other than to weaken the flow of water.

-The ice machine is working perfectly.

-When the water actually dispenses, it's a strong, consistent flow.

Any advice would be very appreciated!

Reply to
sheridge

Based on the observations you've made, it sounds like there may be an issue with the water filter or the water dispenser system in the fridge. The fact that the "untwist" trick temporarily resolves the issue, but the delay gradually builds up again over time, suggests that there may be a problem with the water filter or the water line that is causing a pressure build-up.

I recommend trying the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

  1. Try using a different water filter to see if the problem persists. Check the water line for any kinks or bends that could be causing a restriction in the flow of water.

2.Make sure the water outlet valve is not clogged or blocked, and that it is fully open.

3.Check for any leaks or damage to the water line or the water dispenser system.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be necessary to contact a professional for further troubleshooting and repair.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor