I want to add storage in my garage. It is open with 2x4 trusses attached with gusset plates. What do I need to do?

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Carpentry

The garage is open & built with 2x4 trusses attached with gusset plates. I want to add storage, an "attic stair" that pulls down. I plan on putting down plywood for a "floor" on the horizontal 2x4 members. Do I need to worry about more support? Just want moderate storage and be able to hold me, I'm 225lbs. What should I do?

blog comments powered by Disqus