i have a 2003 rheem classic 90 plus model 07EMAES that continuously runs

the thermostat is set at 72 but the temperature read 60 or 62 degrees it never reaches 72 but continuously runs. There are 3 lights two green and one yellow. All three are lit, what does this code mean?

Reply to
Anonymous

That means normal operation, it is not a code. Green lights indicate power is OK, center green light is status light and the yellow light is fllame sense OK. If there were a problem with the furnance the status light would be blinking. Is it colder than normal? Has the furnance satisified the thermostat setting before? I think your issue is outside the furnance. Example, If the outdoor temprature is much cold than normal desgin temperature for your area the unit may not have the capacity to bring the house to temperature. I don't know where you are located so I don't know the recommended design temperature, but let's say the winter design temperature is 17 degrees F. The furnance would be operating at full capacity @ 17 degrees. When the temperature drops below 17 you have reduced capacity and the lower the temperature the less capacity. In other words it would run constantly at 17 degrees to hold the house at the indoor design temperature but below that temperature it can not satisify the required amount of heat to satisify the indoor design temperature.

Reply to
stanhvac1