I am a contractor who has a dump truck and is renting the truck I need a release form for the homeowner to sign

Anonymous's Avatar (by Gravatar) by Anonymous in  Yard » Driveway 

I am a contractor who is renting my dump truck to a roofing company and I want the a release form for the homeowner. It will be parked in the homeowner's driveway.

Know the answer or have a comment? Post it here!

Answer by

If you have a Business Auto policy, you best get the driver information to your insurance company immediately or you may find yourself without any insurance. And, you should immediately receive a Certificate of Insurance from the Roofer that they've added your vehicle to their policy and you as an Additional Insured.
You're going about the situation entirely wrong and should have a lawyer to consult with, if you're a business. IN FACT, a "release" or "hold harmless" doesn't and won't mean anything and doesn't AT ALL obligate any insurance company. Involving the Homeowner provides nothing but an unnecessary annoyance to a party that isn't involved in the arrangement.

blog comments powered by Disqus

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.